The BonBon Rose Girls SATC 2 Event Recap…NO movie spoilers here!!

Have you entered our hand mixer giveaway yet? Get in on that $75 value action!

So, Saturday night we got all dolled up, Meg in Anthro and Kristin in Lilly Pulitzer, and went to see the fab four on the big screen once again. I’m not going to get into a long drawn out review, I’m just going to say that I didn’t go in expecting the world. I went expecting to see my girls and some fabulous fashion. In that respect, I was not disappointed. I, for one, was totally enamored with the Halston Heritage appearances.

Available at Singer 22

Available at Singer 22

I’ve been trying to dream up reasons why I NEED BOTH of the pieces above. Any ideas? HA! I can’t wait to see what SJP does with her new gig as chief creative officer!

So, all in all, the flick was a fun romp as it always is when the four of them are on the screen together and I had a blast…haters be darned.

The lady in white is the gorgeous Wendy from Madras and Pearls

Ok, that being said…We started our evening with cocktails, apps and cupcakes (made by my lovely pastry school graduate friend Janine) at a local Tampa bar called The Green Iguana. After we noshed, we passed out goody bags, handed out some door prizes and headed off to see the show. It was a perfectly lovely estrogen filled event and I hope we get to have another one sooner rather than later!

Meg with her Mama

Kristin with her Mama and lil’ sis

p.s. If you haven’t checked out my Shoptopia posts lately you can see them all here if you’re so inclined! Just go to “my lists” and you’ll see what I’ve been up to…Like this list of uber bright, citrus hued goodies for instance.

• Erika ~TiptoeButterfly~

i'm DYING to get a Halston dress this summer!!! – the 2 you picked are the exact 2 i'm DYING for!!!! .. and like you i was just engulfed in Halston (but in a good way) oh and harem pantes! – they're my latest obsession as well :o)

*kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

June 2, 2010 at 7:16 am Reply
  • Mande

Cannot wait to see SATC 2. I am going with my little sis this weekend and I am so excited!!! Negative reviews and haters be darned!! I will love it no matter what. LOL. Like you I am especially looking forward to seeing all the beautiful fashions. xo

June 2, 2010 at 7:27 am Reply
  • Bridget

funnn. and i loooved her outfits- the orange dress was amazing. and those gold sparkly shoes in the beginning?!

June 2, 2010 at 7:31 am Reply
  • Good Girls Studio

You all looked soo lovely! I miss the Green Iguana!!! They serve cupcakes now? I've been gone waaay tooo long!

June 2, 2010 at 7:35 am Reply
  • Sarah RDH

Door prizes & goody bags for a movie??? AMAZING…The next flick I'm planning on is Toy Story 3…so I could give my son a TS3 goody bag…hmmmmmm

June 2, 2010 at 7:35 am Reply
  • Jessica =)

Such a great night! You ladies know how to throw a party! And I too was pleased and entertained by the movie!! =) Thank you againg Girls! Luv, K's Lil Sis

June 2, 2010 at 7:44 am Reply
  • Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl

I loved the Halston Heritage dresses appearances too!

Come stop by to take part in the THANK YOU TOO! Contest

June 2, 2010 at 7:46 am Reply
  • Orange it Lovely

I went to see it with my gf last week and we loved it too.. it was just fun! No expectations.
    I love that you girls did this!
    The dresses are killer cute!!!!
    ~Tana

June 2, 2010 at 7:48 am Reply
  • Scientific Housewife

So jealous! It looks like everyone had a great time and you girls look so beautiful!

June 2, 2010 at 7:55 am Reply
  • Jennie Bee

Aw!! looks like ya'll had a lot of fun!

June 2, 2010 at 7:57 am Reply
  • I'maNolaGirl

Look how fabulous yall look! I loved the goodie bag idea. How thoughtful!

June 2, 2010 at 7:58 am Reply
  • Lady Baker

You ladies looked gorgeous! I'm so glad you had fun!

June 2, 2010 at 7:59 am Reply
  • Maddy

Both your gals are dressed to the nines!! Wish I could've joined in the fun! The Halston number is gorgeous! Perhaps a summer cocktail party/ wedding??

June 2, 2010 at 8:05 am Reply
  • Amanda @ Serenity Now

How much fun!! I went with 3 of my girlfriends and we had a blast. πŸ™‚ A few of the costumes were a little out there, but I loved the Halston. πŸ™‚

June 2, 2010 at 8:07 am Reply
  • Ms. Givens

I love both of those dresses, especially the colors.
    I have never watched the series but its sounds like you and your friends now how to do it right.

June 2, 2010 at 8:09 am Reply
  • passport in my pocket

you ladies looked fabulous! sounds like a great time to me. I STILL haven't seen it yet! I went and saw Prince of Persia over the weekend – um, fail.

June 2, 2010 at 8:10 am Reply
  • sara

How fun, looks like you all had a blast! I can't wait to see it with my girlfriends this Friday – despite the horrible reviews!

June 2, 2010 at 8:11 am Reply
  • Lisa - Respect the Shoes

Sounds like you ladies had a super-fun and glammed out evening. I'm jealous!

June 2, 2010 at 8:13 am Reply
  • Grace

Both of your dresses are adorable! I think I'm going to see it, 'cause I don't trust the critics.

June 2, 2010 at 8:17 am Reply
  • SogniSorrisi

Looks like such a great time! I love the Halston looks from the movie.

June 2, 2010 at 8:29 am Reply
  • Karisa Tells All

That looks like a fun party! My friends and I went to the midnight show and then to IHOP for pancakes afterward. We pretended like we were at brunch like the girls do, and not an IHOP at 3 AM haha

June 2, 2010 at 8:32 am Reply
  • Channon

Big fun! I LOVE the coral Halston. LOVE. As in, what reason can I create to justify its purchase?

June 2, 2010 at 8:38 am Reply
  • Cara

Looks like you had a great time! I am thinking of buying the green Halston for a friend's September wedding…hmmmm…

bisous!
    Cara

June 2, 2010 at 8:44 am Reply
  • Coco

I am LOVING both of y'alls dresses!!!

Im going tomorrow for the movie. I haven't heard good things but if it's fun, I will love it!

June 2, 2010 at 8:45 am Reply
  • Tiffany

Y'all look so cute! LOVE those Halston dresses…love!

June 2, 2010 at 8:52 am Reply
  • Natasha

I couldn't agree more about the Halton Heritage (SWOON!) The movie, I thought, was hilarious and definitely entertaining… and the fashion??? Patricia Fields outdid herself yet again!

June 2, 2010 at 8:55 am Reply
  • Marie Z.

Sounds like you enjoyed a fabulous evening! I, too, LOVED all the Halston Heritage dresses Carrie wore!

June 2, 2010 at 8:56 am Reply
  • Salt

So much fun, you guys! I'm probably going to have to fly solo when I go to see it (unless I can convince hubs, which I don't really see happening).

That first purple dress = LOVE.

June 2, 2010 at 9:14 am Reply
  • Jenni

Look how beautiful the BonBonRose Girls look with their mamas and sister! Those were my favorite photos! I love that you got so glamorous just to go see the movie!

June 2, 2010 at 9:22 am Reply
  • Jen

Aw, you guys are so cute! I'm jealous of your SATC night in the Florida sun!

Kristin, love your Lily Pulitzer! So my style.

And I'm with you Megan on SJP's coral maxi dress! Want it. ASAP.

June 2, 2010 at 9:30 am Reply
  • L

i love all the outfits! and i hope you enjoyed the movie as much as i did! πŸ˜€

June 2, 2010 at 9:45 am Reply
  • McKenzie

How fun!! The fashion had me drooling for the whole 2 and a half hours, even though my best friend and I went to the late show in our pajamas… πŸ™‚

June 2, 2010 at 9:52 am Reply
  • Kinsey Michaels

Aww what a cute way to celebrate! And I'm glad the fashion did not disappoint. I hope the plot was good too, but I guess I'll have to wait and see πŸ˜‰

June 2, 2010 at 9:59 am Reply
  • Jules

You look great in your Lilly dress and I adore the group pic of everyone. Your little sis is working it and totally channeling Carrie.

I think you need both of those dresses, especially the blue one for a special date night with the hubs.

I cannot believe that I missed out on seeing this movie over the weekend. That was a major fail on my part. The event that you ladies put together sounds fabulous and I wish I lived in Florida and could have been there.

June 2, 2010 at 10:03 am Reply
  • Krysten @ After 'I Do'

Oh my gosh I NEED TO go see SATC 2! Need to RIGHT NOW!

June 2, 2010 at 10:03 am Reply
  • Piper Jacquelyn

Cute dresses, ladies! You all look the part & it sounds like you had a great time – I've yet to see the movie myself, but am mostly looking forward to the fashion as well!

June 2, 2010 at 10:14 am Reply
  • Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks

I've never been into SATC (gasp), but I've been enjoying the many posts devoted to real-people fashion (not to be confused with movie star fashion) when it comes to going to the movie. =)

June 2, 2010 at 10:16 am Reply
  • emily

you guys look BEAUTIFUL!!! =) looks like a great time!!

June 2, 2010 at 10:17 am Reply
  • Dancing Branflake

This looked like such a fun night! I love the pictures of your families. Thank you for sharing this with us all.

June 2, 2010 at 10:18 am Reply
  • Traci

I HEART those Halston dresses!!!Especially, the blue one. I so wish I was in Tampa! Looks like y'all had a blast!

June 2, 2010 at 10:42 am Reply
  • CDS

I'm going to go see it with friends on Saturday night. can't wait! Looks like you all had a really nice time. Hoorah!

June 2, 2010 at 10:49 am Reply
  • Meghan

Y'all are just adorable!!! Only you two ladies would throw a swanky SATC event! Love it!

June 2, 2010 at 10:52 am Reply
  • Front Row Mode

cant wait to watch it

tc

June 2, 2010 at 10:56 am Reply
  • Kristin Hjellegjerde

Will need one of these Singer dresses! Wonderful.
    I canΒ΄t wait to see the film:)

June 2, 2010 at 10:59 am Reply
  • Tabitha

I am in lust with the Halston Heritage range.
    You all look fab, I love the girl in the the turban.

June 2, 2010 at 11:09 am Reply
  • Danielle

Cute dress! Looks like you guys had a great time – and quite the group!

June 2, 2010 at 11:50 am Reply
  • CopyStrands

On my to do list this weekend to dress up and watch SATC2 πŸ™‚ You all looked great!

June 2, 2010 at 12:08 pm Reply
  • Savvy Gal

Oh how fun. I like the blue dress too. We often don't need the dress but we WANT!!! : )

June 2, 2010 at 12:14 pm Reply
  • Kimbirdy

forget satc, you girls all look fabulous! πŸ™‚

June 2, 2010 at 12:26 pm Reply
  • carma

It appears you are sitting on an invisible stool in the second group pic πŸ˜€ Nice to hear you enjoyed it. Maybe your sweet husband will read your blog and surprise you with one of those Halston dresses..

Your 'lil sis is quite the fashionista too!

June 2, 2010 at 12:49 pm Reply
  • Cafe Fashionista

Ah, I LOVE the two of you for getting all dolled up with your friends and family to see the movie. This truly sounds like the most spectacular evening EVER; and, of course, you both look gorgeous – as per usual! πŸ™‚

June 2, 2010 at 12:57 pm Reply
  • Marcie

How fun! You look great. Can she please end up with Aiden!!?? I haven't seen it yet, but I am ready to see Aiden. πŸ˜‰

marcie

June 2, 2010 at 1:04 pm Reply
  • Rasha

looks like a TON of fun!

June 2, 2010 at 1:11 pm Reply
  • Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma

you girls look fab as always!

June 2, 2010 at 1:16 pm Reply
  • Melanie's Randomness

You guys look fabulous!! I loved the movie & those Singer piecs on Carrie were gorgeous!! =)

June 2, 2010 at 1:16 pm Reply
  • KLZ

I want both YOUR dresses and that little blue number Carrie is sporting.

Also, I know this is super obnoxious, but advice for busty girls looking for summer dresses under $50? I can't wear those little spaghetti strap or halter numbers with a bra and I am jonesing for some cute dresses bad. Is there a post I may have overlooked already?

June 2, 2010 at 1:26 pm Reply
  • OneCraftyFox

You girls look gorgeous!! Love any excuse to get dolled up and surround myself with beautiful fashion πŸ˜‰

June 2, 2010 at 1:31 pm Reply
  • Fifi Flowers

How FUN! I went with my mom for a morning matinee and then lunch with Cosmos… not as much FUN as going opening night… SATC 3 it's back to OPENING NIGHT dressing up and going with a BIG group including my mom!

June 2, 2010 at 1:36 pm Reply
  • Rock'n Roll Ballerina

Sounds like a great time;) And you ladies looked great!
    I was going to the premiere here in Oslo, but time is not on my side these days, so hopefully a day soon;) And I love the Halston H. dresses as well! Have a lovely week!

June 2, 2010 at 1:48 pm Reply
  • lessonsinlifeandlight

How funny! My most recent post was a little SATC re-cap as well! I TOTALLY agree with what you said about expectations. I went in expecting to see my girls looking fab and I did! WIN!

June 2, 2010 at 1:50 pm Reply
  • joelle van dyne

you both look so chic in your outfits for the movie! i still haven't seen it, but definitely will soon. i'm totally drooling over the halston dresses from the movie stills you posted. ~joelle

June 2, 2010 at 1:52 pm Reply
  • junghwa by amy stewart

I saw that Anthro dress a while ago, but it sold out before I could get my hands on it. I love it!

June 2, 2010 at 2:02 pm Reply
  • Josie

I am SO jealous of everyone at this fabulous soiree! You all look absolutely adorable — love Megan's Anthro dress! Glad to hear it was such a lovely time πŸ™‚ And, yes, that blue Halston Heritage dress? Yes, please.
    xxoo Josie

June 2, 2010 at 2:08 pm Reply
  • Kirsten

I adore those dresses!

June 2, 2010 at 2:32 pm Reply
  • Jaime @ La vie...J'aime

You all look so fabulous! I thought the movie was ok…really loved the first movie. Samantha's one liners never fail though πŸ™‚

June 2, 2010 at 2:42 pm Reply
  • Tights Lover

You both look great, I love the dresses. I hope you enjoyed the movie!

June 2, 2010 at 2:49 pm Reply
  • Tiffany

this sounds like the best time ever…seriously. i had a similar outing planned with my girlfriends for SATC 2 but they fell through. boo! i can't wait to see it though–i love those ladies!

June 2, 2010 at 3:01 pm Reply
  • Together We Save

Everyone looked so cute… I can't wait to see SITC!! I love those girls!

June 2, 2010 at 3:13 pm Reply
  • Megan (Best of Fates)

Sounds like it was a fantastic time – and all of your friends seem so fashionable!

June 2, 2010 at 3:30 pm Reply
  • Helena - A Diary of Lovely

oooh what a fun afternoon!!!
    I loved all the Halston dresses, the orange one of my faves!! Also loved the white one πŸ™‚

June 2, 2010 at 3:40 pm Reply
  • Taj Acosta

How fab! you all look great and what a fun time! xoxo

June 2, 2010 at 4:23 pm Reply
  • Katie

you girls are ADORABLE! looks like you did it up RIGHT!!!

and OOOO the halston dresses. SWO-OOOOON!!! those were 2 of my favs!!!

i too didn't go in expecting movie making genius and i too LOVED it!!!

June 2, 2010 at 4:34 pm Reply
  • The Preppy Princess

Love this post Miss BonBon, and adore all the photos of those fab female bloggers! It is so cool to see everyone enjoying SATC2 parties.

Now I am off to Shoptopia, as that is all new to me! (Why is it I expect I'll be enjoying myself as I explore said site?!)

Sending you a smile,
    tp

June 2, 2010 at 4:39 pm Reply
  • Small Burst

You all look so lovely. What fun do see this flick with a bunch of fashionistas. Thanks for stopping by to visit with me. I'm so glad you did so I could find your lovely blog.

June 2, 2010 at 4:46 pm Reply
  • Etrapar

that dresses are amaizing!
    kisses

June 2, 2010 at 4:52 pm Reply
  • Diana Mieczan

I have to have that Halston dress this summer…Its amazing and you look stunning my darling! It all sounds like so much fun…:)
    Have a wonderful day:)
    Kisses

June 2, 2010 at 5:12 pm Reply
  • Katie

Sounds like you girls had a great night!

June 2, 2010 at 5:18 pm Reply
  • PhotoPuddle

How fabulous. Can't wait to see the SATC2 film this weekend.

And thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments.

June 2, 2010 at 5:42 pm Reply
  • Christen

Seriously, both of you look amazing. I love your dresses! And the event looks like loads of fun. Wish I could have joined in! I did see SATC2 while I was in Miami and I have to agree… I went in wanting over-the-top fashion and over-the-top fashion is what I got πŸ™‚

June 2, 2010 at 5:42 pm Reply
  • The Paper Mama

I still haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to it! I need a babysitter…

June 2, 2010 at 5:51 pm Reply
  • Tracie

All of you looked fabulous! I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm going to. And my expectations are the same as yours were so I'm not going to have a huge letdown.

June 2, 2010 at 5:57 pm Reply
  • THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE

Oh how adorable do you all look!!! Thx for not spoiling it…I STILL haven't had a chance to see it!

Hope you're having a great week πŸ™‚

June 2, 2010 at 6:50 pm Reply
  • Sandy a la Mode

you've just reminded me that i need to go see this movie!! i can't believe i forgot!!! i'm going to go with some girl friends next weekend during my friend's bachelorette party weekend!!

June 2, 2010 at 7:11 pm Reply
  • blueviolet

I think you went in with the perfect attitude. I'm going to follow your lead, although it sounds like from the reviews that I have to.)

June 2, 2010 at 7:28 pm Reply
  • one sydney road

You all look so fabulous! What a fun evening that looks like – is it wrong to be a bit envious and want to be there with you? :)! You all are rockin'!

June 2, 2010 at 7:55 pm Reply
  • Eyeliah

Movie was so great! I laughed so much and we had a great group of people around us for it too. ;_)

June 2, 2010 at 8:09 pm Reply
  • Jessica

You two gals look incredible!

June 2, 2010 at 8:24 pm Reply
  • Valerie

Yes, that's exactly how I felt about the movie. I didn't have high expectations of the plot, just went into it excited to see the girls and their outfits and it came through for me on those things. You girls look great and it sounds like a really fun night!

xo
    Valerie

June 2, 2010 at 9:10 pm Reply
  • Beth Dunn

Looks like so much fun! Wish I was there. xoxo
    SC

June 2, 2010 at 9:17 pm Reply
  • Le Sigh of a Fashionista

I love those dresses. You totally need them. They are collectibles!!

June 2, 2010 at 9:22 pm Reply
  • Kristen

I LOVE your dress here Kristin!! maybe because it definitely worked with the vibe of the movie πŸ™‚ I didn't expect much from the plot, but adored the scenery, the clothes, and (of course) the shoes. I found a recipe for *wait for it* cosmo cupcakes. I'm going to try my own version of them this weekend, and post the results.

~K

June 2, 2010 at 9:26 pm Reply
  • Rachel {Inspiration in Italy}

You ladies look GORGEOUS!!!

June 2, 2010 at 9:29 pm Reply
  • Mama Hen

What fun!!Everyone looks great! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

June 2, 2010 at 10:01 pm Reply
  • Preppy 101

What a fun night!! You look darling! Love your blog! xoxo

June 2, 2010 at 10:13 pm Reply
  • Rhiannon Nicole

You look like you had such a perfect girls night out! And soo awesome your ma joined you!! πŸ™‚ And cupcakes? and treat bags?! I am officially jealous!! XO

June 2, 2010 at 10:14 pm Reply
  • siovhan

y'all look GORGEOUS. and i love your sister's head wrap. wow. what a fabulous bunch. i hope it was utterly STELLAR.

June 2, 2010 at 10:19 pm Reply
  • Michelle

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Crone, indeed–Kristin you are glowing and look gorgeous! I can't believe you got cupcakes by a real pastry chef…lucky duck…

June 2, 2010 at 10:19 pm Reply
  • Lenβ™₯reNeverMβ™₯re

Such a fabulous evening ladies!
    xo

June 2, 2010 at 10:38 pm Reply
  • Nicole Feliciano

Who cares about the NYTimes review. I'm still going to see it. Love the fashions from Halston too.

June 2, 2010 at 10:40 pm Reply
  • Polly

It was a great movie, I had a lot of fun! Fashion was fabulous wasn't it.

June 2, 2010 at 10:41 pm Reply
  • molly YEH!

that looks lovely!! i'm so jealous of your awesome party and dresses!!!!

…and i do believe that i am the hundredth comment! wooooo

June 2, 2010 at 11:01 pm Reply
  • molly YEH!

that looks lovely!! i'm so jealous of your awesome party and dresses!!!!

…and i do believe that i am the hundredth comment! wooooo

June 2, 2010 at 11:06 pm Reply
  • Sara

I agree! Fun movie – I didn't need a serious plot, & I was thrilled with the serious fashion!

June 2, 2010 at 11:47 pm Reply
  • Sara

I agree – fun movie, & I didn't go in looking for a serious plot. I appreciated the serious fashion!

June 2, 2010 at 11:48 pm Reply
  • Wanderlusting

Love, love LOVE your dress… I'm a sucker for sweet maxis!

June 2, 2010 at 11:54 pm Reply
  • Angie Muresan

How fun! Kristin, you are gorgeous! And I'm so wishing I have your hair.

June 3, 2010 at 12:10 am Reply
  • theUngourmet

Aren't you all so sexy! What a fun time! πŸ˜‰

June 3, 2010 at 12:30 am Reply
  • Estelle

That looks like a fabulous night. I can't wait to see the movie. And you guys all look beautiful and dolled up!

June 3, 2010 at 12:36 am Reply
  • Miss Caitlin S.

Cute! You guys look like you had a blast and that's what SATC is all about… I'm sorry and not to go against you but I do have to say that I think the critiques are merited for this movie- I am obsessed with SATC but I think they absolutely got lazy on us (the girls would never choose "I am Woman" to sing- c'mon now!!!) but I did enjoy aspects of it for sure and Patricia Fields never disappoints. Cute post, you guys are all so pretty.

June 3, 2010 at 1:36 am Reply
  • FashionJazz

U guys all look stunning and it looks like you had a fab time! I cant wait to see SATC this wknd xx

June 3, 2010 at 1:51 am Reply
  • Annie Spandex

Yeah, something got lost with the writing in these movies, kind of like the last season but worse. However, I like your optimism. And I think I'm this much to a Halston obsession. πŸ˜‰

June 3, 2010 at 3:51 am Reply
  • Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com

Fab stuff here, as usual!!
    I'm soo glad that you all had such a fun time :o)
    Big hugs!
    B xx

June 3, 2010 at 6:13 am Reply
  • Katy Mary

Looks like you gals had so much fun!!! You all look lovely.

June 3, 2010 at 3:21 pm Reply
  • Becolorful

Ahhhh. My friends and I got together for a SATC party also. So fun to have a reason to get together with the girls and get all dressed up. I was only sad that it wasn't in NYC. I felt like one of my favorite characters was MIA. πŸ™‚

Your pictures look so fun and yes that blue Halston is enough to make the world stop spinning.
    Pam

June 3, 2010 at 4:42 pm Reply
  • The Lil Bee

I've heard such bad reviews, but you know, of course, that I still have to see it. I think SJP joining forces with Halston Heritage was a very smart move on their part…I want the entire collection now!

June 4, 2010 at 7:05 am Reply
  • Rachel

You ladies look gorgeous!! Looks like it was such a fun time. πŸ™‚

June 4, 2010 at 10:13 am Reply
  • Perfectly Imperfect

looks like a fun girls nite! I am still dying to see this movie.. I don't care about the bad reviews!

June 4, 2010 at 10:41 am Reply