Black Swan Style (Inspired by now preggers Natalie Portman). Plus, a Christmas recap.

There is still time to enter our latest giveaway for a darling necklace!

Happy Monday lovelies! I hope y’all are recovering from your holiday hangovers! We had a wonderful Christmas around here! Santa was very good to the dude and he hasn’t stopped playing with his train table. It’s train time ALL the time…even more than before…if that’s possible.

the dude

After completely eradicating video games from our house a few years ago, I caved and got the hubs a PS3.

ps3

PS3 at Amazon

I don’t know who was more excited about his big gift, the hubs or le toddler. It was pretty funny watching him open it. The expression on his face was priceless. He made me promise not to publish the pictures though. HAHA! Although, video games drive me all kinds of bonkers, that darling hubs of mine has been workin’ his booty off in grad school this year and he deserved a fun surprise!

He surprised me too actually. Mama’s malfunctioning iPhone is a thing of the past. HOLLA!

iphone 4

iPhone 4 at the Apple Store

Meg and I can now video chat on our iPhone 4s. Can I tell you how excited I am about that? Oh and Santa, a.k.a. my madre, must have been paying attention this past year as I lamented about my less than stellar photos, because I she got me my new baby..an SLR!

canon rebel

Canon Rebel at Amazon

Get ready for better outfit posts people! I’m probably more psyched about it than you are. HAHA! My in laws also must have tapped into my wishes, because they gifted us with a brand new wild cherry red front loader washer and dryer set! I will no longer have to dry my loads twice and that will be sheer heaven, let me tell you!

lg front load washer

LG Front Load Washer at Amazon

I must not forget my bestie’s gift. Yours truly is the proud owner of a gorgeous House of Harlow 1960 necklace! And so begins my HOH collection…

tribal triangle pendant necklace

House of Harlow 1960 Tribal Triangle Pendant Necklace at Shopbop

Our family was incredibly blessed on the present front this year and I wanted to use my forum to thank my loved ones for their generosity, but, more importantly, I feel so lucky that we were able to spend lots of quality time together. There is NO worldly possession as great a gift as that! Putting together the toys Santa dropped off with the hubs, my lil’ sis and her boyfriend…Having a relaxing cuppa joe with the hubs before the dude got up…Watching my Nonnie’s eyes shine when we gave her our family photo…Marveling over the Christmas decorations at the Magic Kingdom with my mama, just like I used to when I was little…Having cocktails until the wee hours with my bestie…These were my favorite gifts this year! What were your favorites lovelies?

On a side note…As I sat here this morning reveling in my beautiful holiday, my copy of the January issue of Vogue caught my eye. Natalie Portman looks beyond stunning in her feature.

natalie portman

Update: I snagged this image from one of my favorite blogs Inspired Decorating

Of course, when does she NOT look stunning? I can’t wait to see her maternity style! In case you haven’t heard…She’s preggers and engaged! But, I digress….As I flipped through the rag and read about her Black Swan experience, I was again reminded how much I want to see that flick and just how much I big puffy heart tulle. I really must go see Black Swan STAT…if not just for the stunning costumes! There will forever be a little girl inside of me that wishes she could have been a ballerina. Even if that ship has sailed, I can still play dress up right?

bcbg max azria one shoulder tiered tulle dress

BCBG Max Azria One-Shoulder Tiered Tulle Dress

alice and olivia tessie tulle one shoulder party dress

Alice + Olivia Tessie Tulle One Shoulder Party Dress at Singer 22

bcbg max azria tulle tutu skirt

BCBG Max Axria Tulle Tutu Skirt at Bloomindale’s

topshop frilly tutu skirt

Topshop Frilly Tutu Skirt

Update: I just got a tweet from the gorgeous Wendy Brandes that I needed her onyx Cleves Necklace in this post…and, of course, she was right!

wendy brandes cleves necklace

kristin

p.s. Head over to Dramatis Personae for a killer interview with the girls behind the makeup of Black Swan!

• Staley Mc

It looks like a great Christmas!! I love Natalie Portman’s spread in Vogue too, it’s so gorgeous! Love that tulle skirt !

December 27, 2010 at 11:48 am Reply
  • Audrey Allure

Beautiful HOH necklace; such great gifts! πŸ™‚

December 27, 2010 at 11:48 am Reply
  • Vanessa Elizabeth @ Ruffled Rose

Oh, what fun! I’m totally into all the tulle and ruffles. I also got a new camera for Christmas, which I cannot wait to start using!

Merry (belated) Christmas to you both!

December 27, 2010 at 11:51 am Reply
  • kristin

Nothing better than finding the Perfect gift for your boy that will keep him busy for hours. In our house it was playmobil and the building of the school.
    Loving the gorgeous BCBG dress!

AND yes HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!
    Lets ROCK 2011

December 27, 2010 at 12:14 pm Reply
  • Elle

hahaha, oh little boys and their trains, my baby cousin is the same way! And sounds like an amazing Christmas! =)

December 27, 2010 at 12:15 pm Reply
  • Nikki

My Nephew got 4 trains this Christmas. Must be that age! Looks like a fantastic Christmas. Glad you got to enjoy it with your family.

December 27, 2010 at 12:16 pm Reply
  • Britt

Wow, looks like a great Christmas for you! πŸ™‚

December 27, 2010 at 12:20 pm Reply
  • Closet Fashionista

What lovely gifts you got!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ Glad you had a good Christmas πŸ™‚

December 27, 2010 at 12:28 pm Reply
  • Midtown Girl

Love these gifts & train time is SOOO adorbs!! I cannot wait to see more outfit posts – they will be gorg <3

December 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm Reply
  • hotpantsβ„’

My son had that same train table when he was younger. He’s so over it now though. Ha!

Enjoy your fancy pants new camera! And your cherry red front loaders!!

December 27, 2010 at 12:31 pm Reply
  • Nicole

Oh my Kristin! You scored this Christmas. And let me just tell you, you already don’t see the hubs, and you gave him the PS3?! I gave the hubs that last year…he plays and the house feels like it’s under attack! haha…thanks to Call of Duty. Good luck to you! Can’t wait to see some pics with you new camera! xo

December 27, 2010 at 12:37 pm Reply
  • WendyB

Thanks for including me. I figure you can’t get much Black-Swannier than that!

December 27, 2010 at 12:39 pm Reply
  • iheartkiwi

You are going to LOVE your SLR. Can’t wait to see the photos! It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.

P.S. I saw Black Swan last week…Natalie Portman was scary good… in fact the whole movie is pretty eerie! And the costumes were amazing!

December 27, 2010 at 1:05 pm Reply
  • Dancing Branflakes

I love those skirts! And holy moly you made out with all those gifts! Incredible!

December 27, 2010 at 1:30 pm Reply
  • Lianna J

ok, so that dryer looks amazing. and yes, with all that fabulous stuff, i choose to comment on the dryer. πŸ™‚

December 27, 2010 at 1:47 pm Reply
  • thebeautyfile

Oh my gosh, this must have been a fabulous holiday!!!! I wanted to comment that:

a) we got the same washer/dryer this year after our 1970s style one broke down and we have been SO happy with it, you’re gonna love it…

b) SLR changed my life…I just need an external flash to complete me.

c) I AM SO EXCITED TO REUNITE!!! Can we schedule an intimate dinner- like you, me, Monica, Meg & Melissa R.? That would make me so happy. When are you scheduled to come in? Or is that not known yet? Let’s pick a date and plan!!!

December 27, 2010 at 2:12 pm Reply
  • Dany

I’m so excited for the black swan movie, and those looks are perfect. and the necklace is beautiful and I cant wait to see your pictures made with the SLR!

December 27, 2010 at 2:16 pm Reply
  • Couture Carrie

Gorgeous post, darling!
    Love your new necklace!

xoxox,
    CC

December 27, 2010 at 2:19 pm Reply
  • Anastasia

I caved last Christmas and bought Brian PS something (2 – 3, I have no clue).
    He didn’t see it coming as I kept telling him I purchased “practical” gifts for him – boy was he excited.

Speaking of exciting, I am drooling over your new washer/dryer set – great gift!!!

December 27, 2010 at 2:31 pm Reply
  • Tote

What a great Christmas at your house! Santa was good to you all. Enjoy the rest of your holidays! I am new to your site, and I enjoy reading it.

December 27, 2010 at 2:35 pm Reply
  • Helena - A Diary of Lovely

genrous Santa πŸ™‚ great presents!

December 27, 2010 at 2:54 pm Reply
  • sarah

Love that necklace!

what a great christmas you had! lots of gooodies (:

December 27, 2010 at 2:54 pm Reply
  • Arushi Khosla

Um, so I need that tutu skirt in my life.

Kthxbai.

December 27, 2010 at 3:10 pm Reply
  • Rachel from Love a la Mode

BCBG is my ultimate weakness… boy do I have to forbid myself from going into that store on a regular basis…. but oh how much I love the dresses I have from there. My first one was for senior prom and it will always be special πŸ™‚
    Bisous,
    Rachel
    lovealamode.wordpress.com

December 27, 2010 at 3:14 pm Reply
  • Cabootique

Sounds like a great Christmas! Can’t wait to see the pictures you take with your new camera.

December 27, 2010 at 3:22 pm Reply
  • Danielle (elleinadspir)

I am sooo jealous of your new washer/drier. And now I feel sad and old that out of all those great things the washer is what I want!

December 27, 2010 at 3:27 pm Reply
  • Claire

Oh My! Is it sad that I got excited about that cherry red washer!! haha!!
    I’m saving for an slr this year, Santa was kind and left me some vouchers towards one πŸ™‚ i cant wait to see how you get on with yours!

December 27, 2010 at 3:29 pm Reply
  • Krysten

Sounds like a fantastic Christmas!

December 27, 2010 at 3:40 pm Reply
  • Cassie

Sounds like a cracking Christmas around your house! Very jealous of the iphone and camera and I adore that ‘train’ phase that little boys all go through – so cute!
    xx

December 27, 2010 at 4:10 pm Reply
  • Katie

It sounds like you had an amazing Christmas!

December 27, 2010 at 4:13 pm Reply
  • Sarah Nicole

Sounds like you had an amazing Christmas!!

I love your washer and dryer!

December 27, 2010 at 4:31 pm Reply
  • Camels & Chocolate

I’ve had some sort of Canon Rebel since 1999 (now, of course, the digital model) and have never been disappointed. You’ll love it!

Also, I was totally digging the whole style of Black Swan, but feel too much like a cupcake when I try to pull it off myself. I love these short skirts, but having been an athlete most of my life means I have muscular thighs that I prefer to cover!

December 27, 2010 at 4:44 pm Reply
  • betsy

sounds like an AMAZING Christmas Krisitn!!

December 27, 2010 at 4:45 pm Reply
  • carolina - patagonia gifts

wow amazing gifts you got Kristin! lucky girl! xo

December 27, 2010 at 4:45 pm Reply
  • Oh, My Darling

Wait, what?!?! Natalie Portman is pregnant!?

December 27, 2010 at 4:49 pm Reply
  • Jennifer @ Darling Notes

Love the tulle skirts and ballerina look!

December 27, 2010 at 5:15 pm Reply
  • Cafe Fashionista

Gah! Santa was so incredibly good to you this year, Kristin!

I’m so glad that you had a fabulous Christmas!! πŸ™‚

December 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm Reply
  • MizzJ

What a great xmas! hehe yes it is futile to get between a man and his desire for video game systems. Be prepared to be a semi-widow at times! haha

If there was ever a prime example of the difference between hotness and beauty, then Natalie Portman is it. She is beautiful and classy and someone that if I were a man, I would deeply admire, which isn’t something you can say for a lot of starlets these days.

Happy holidays!

December 27, 2010 at 5:38 pm Reply
  • chelsea

wow, you got some amaaaazing gifts! I dieee for that house of harlow necklace <3

xoxo

December 27, 2010 at 6:04 pm Reply
  • Paulina

Great post!;)

December 27, 2010 at 6:16 pm Reply
  • wendy sue

fab christmas gifts! I love both the alice+ olivia and bcbg dresses!

December 27, 2010 at 7:07 pm Reply
  • sara@domesticallychallenged

I love the look! and you will love the iphone 4, I adore mine!

December 27, 2010 at 7:20 pm Reply
  • Shea

I love these beautiful ballerina picks! And what a great Christmas for you!! Mine’s not quite over yet, but I can’t complain so far πŸ™‚

December 27, 2010 at 8:50 pm Reply
  • Sierra

That last necklace is stunning and how fun about all of your gifts, have fun! Natalie Portman is stunning and I’m always in love with tulle skirts and dresses!

December 27, 2010 at 9:49 pm Reply
  • Lyddiegal

Wow, sounds like you had a really wonderful Christmas!
    What could be better than having a child to be enamored with the magic and wonder of the holiday and getting to see them enjoy it.

December 27, 2010 at 10:24 pm Reply
  • Daphne

My hubby got me the same camera!!! You got amazing gifts. Love those tulle skirts and dresses.

December 28, 2010 at 1:45 am Reply
  • Sherin

The train table looks incredibly fun. And I am jealous of your necklace. Looks like you got some fab presents!!
    Natalie Portman is stunning. I can’t wait to see her maternity style either.

December 28, 2010 at 5:31 am Reply
  • Kelly

Sounds like Santa was very good to all of you! So glad you and your family enjoyed your Christmas. πŸ™‚

December 28, 2010 at 8:28 am Reply
  • lili

yay! i got a rebel T2i from the sweet hubs too!

happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 28, 2010 at 11:01 am Reply
  • Kirsten

Aggghhh sooo jealous, I want one of all please!!!

December 29, 2010 at 3:02 am Reply
  • Tiff

I will be picking up that Jan. edition of Vogue on my outing today.

December 29, 2010 at 9:15 am Reply
  • Traci B

Wow! You must have been a really good girl this year! What great gifts. Were you at Disney the same time I was??

December 29, 2010 at 5:27 pm Reply
  • Amy

I wish that BCBG dress was in my closet.

Happy New Year Kristin!!!!

Amy πŸ™‚

December 31, 2010 at 3:29 pm Reply
  • Jessica

Congrats on the new phone! I recently purchased the iPhone 4 too – after my ancient Razr finally died. I still can’t stop touching it. You should also download Trade Nations (addictive game) and be my neighbor! πŸ˜‰

See? Told you I can’t put it down.

December 31, 2010 at 7:06 pm Reply
  • Jenny

Oh my gosh you all had a great Christmas!!! I’m so jealous
    of the iPhone, I’ve asked for one for the past 2 years and nada –
    lol! My dad and brother video chat on their Androids and they love
    it! My bff’s sons have a train table like that and it’s the center
    of the universe in that house, so I’m sure it will be enjoyed for
    quite some time!! oxo

January 1, 2011 at 10:08 pm Reply
  • Josie

I love your ballet-inspired styles, Kristin! It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas with the family — and your new necklace is to DIE for! Absolutely gorgeous.
    xo Josie

January 2, 2011 at 4:00 am Reply
  • Torrie @ a place to share...

I loved hearing about your gifts!
    I switched from (wait for it………..)
    a RAZOR to a smartphone (talk about a few levels up the ladder, right??)

I totally agree about the PS3. I feel the same way about video games, but finally caved in and let the kids (and husband) get a Wii. πŸ™‚

January 7, 2011 at 2:57 pm Reply