My Favorite Workout Vids

So, remember the other day when I asked if you were swimsuit ready? STOP! Don’t throw your show at your computer. I won’t feel it anyway. HAHA! Anyway, I asked you that dirty little question because I, most certainly, am not…but I’m getting there! Yours truly has had a love/hate relationship with exercise for a good fifteen years. I’ve gone from periods of extreme fitness to times where I was a whole lot squishier. I’m bound and determined to break this cycle. Plus, I’ve got a cheerleader in the form of a friend turned pro trainer to push me along! As we get older, it only gets harder to get in shape, so this spring I’m going to get in and stay in good, strong shape! Won’t you join me?

Here are a couple workouts that aren’t boring me…yet. You can find all of them at Amazon….or check out your cable company’s On Demand. I’ve accessed a ton of vids that way!

30 day shred

boost your metabolism

So, what are some of your favorites lovelies? I’m looking for pilates dvds that won’t take me an hour. Mama’s crunched for time! And while I’m soliciting recommendations…What do y’all like to wear when you work out? I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about Lululemon from so many fellow bloggers! Maybe picking up something pretty to exercise in would motivate me to actually get my workouts outta the way in the morning versus putting them off until the evening. Hmmmmmmm.

lulumon speed up tank

lulumon groove crop

kristin

p.s. Check out this fabulous post on how to stick with your workout from Krystle’s Style!

• Vanessa Elizabeth I Ruffled Rose

Lululemon is based in Vancouver! Such a great store.

March 8, 2011 at 3:40 pm Reply
  • Danielle (elleinadspir)

You know I love the shred too. And NMTZ. Just bought the new one, Ripped in 30, but haven’t tried it yet.

March 8, 2011 at 3:47 pm Reply
  • Neely

Obsessed with lulu wearing groove pants and a hoodie now! Love Jillians 6 week 6 pack vid too 🙂

March 8, 2011 at 3:51 pm Reply
  • Collette Osuna

I TRIED JM…..she about kicked my azz and all Idid was cuss at the TV, lol….I prefer Leslie Sansone…she’s like the chatty neighbor next door…and….I can keep up with her. It’s funny….some people don’t think they are working out “hard enough” with Leslie…..I beg to differ. I lost 40 pounds in my living room with her….she works:)

March 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm Reply
  • Flashdance (Ami)

Yes! Good choices! Mixing it up helps a ton! Don’t stick to just one thing/class/video. And lululemon is the BOMB. Not only are you cute, but the clothes feel good, wick sweat, and cover/support where you need!

March 8, 2011 at 4:04 pm Reply
  • Andi

I LOVE the 30DS! Works so fast and effectively.
    I also love Mari Windsor’s Pilates and Body by Bethenny (yoga).

March 8, 2011 at 4:06 pm Reply
  • Krystle

Great post!! ONDemand is a rich resource for these!! There are SO MANY different types! My favorite is Jillian Michaels’ Yoga Burn. I bought it on the cheap off Amazon. Check it out! Good one!

March 8, 2011 at 4:11 pm Reply
  • Staley Mc

I love Jillian, she always kicks my butt. I also like Jackie Warner’s videos she’s probably about as tough as Jillian! I’ve heard a lot about LuluLemon but I don’t know if I want to pay that much for workout clothes!

March 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm Reply
  • Traci B

I’m still doing Yogalates. I really can’t believe I’ve stuck with it. I couldn’t bring myself to spend that kind of money on Lulu so I went to Academy & bought a bunch of cute workout wear!

March 8, 2011 at 4:18 pm Reply
  • Lisa - respect the shoes

JM had a 30 minute kickboxing thing that beat my butt – for unfortunately Netflix “watch it now” took it offline, boo.

For quick Pilates fixes, my go-to videos are the 10 Minute Solution videos. IMO, the Pilates series with Lara Hudson is the best – each workout is broken up into 10 minute sections and you can stack as many together as you have time for. Purists may not like this as Lara goes pretty much from one move to another, but for a time-crunch workout, I think they’re great.

March 8, 2011 at 4:29 pm Reply
  • AppGal

I really like The Shred, too…LOVE that the workouts are only 20 minutes! As for recommendations…I love The Crunch Pilates workouts, especially this one and this one. The 10-minute Solution series is also really good!

March 8, 2011 at 4:55 pm Reply
  • J. Fab

Thanks for these recommendations! Definitely need to check these vids out. Lord knows I need some exercise right now before bikini season. 😛

March 8, 2011 at 5:06 pm Reply
  • jenn @ peas and crayons

whooohoooo 30 day shred! Jill’s videos are on netflix!!!!! I just ordered mine off amazon so I could keep getting movies on netflix and not waste monies by keeping my video out for weeks at a time! hehe

Happy shredding! <3

March 8, 2011 at 5:45 pm Reply
  • betsy

I actually plan to get the 30 day shred this week! quit reading my mind! lol

March 8, 2011 at 5:47 pm Reply
  • Diana

I have been doing P90X since mid October. I hate it… but I LOVE it, lol!! I don’t follow the exact plan (which is supposed to be 1.5 hrs of exercise 6 times per week), but I squeeze in 1 to 1.5 hrs of exercise 3 times per week AND a 1.5 hr session of hot yoga bi-weekly.

And my favorite and most comfy workout clothes are a pair of form fitted exercise capris ($20 Cdn) and a sports bra ($16 Cdn) from Old Navy.

I am the same as you though where I go through these spurts of crazy workouts and healthy foods for weeks at a time… then I slack off … then I do it all over again. Such a vicious cycle, lol.

March 8, 2011 at 6:18 pm Reply
  • Maddy

I’ve heard good things about Jillian Michael’s videos! I’ll happy to get some because I need to get my butt back into shape 🙂

March 8, 2011 at 6:21 pm Reply
  • Meredith

Work it!

I love LuLuLemon… But it’s a little pricey for me. So, I pick up work out gear up at Target, Walmart, and even Sam’s! But I did splurge on a sale pair of yoga pants and I never want to take them off!

March 8, 2011 at 6:24 pm Reply
  • Meghan

I love me some Jillian! The Shred is so perfect when you just don’t have the time to devote hours everyday working out. And I love some Lulu threads, too but they can be pricey:(

March 8, 2011 at 6:36 pm Reply
  • Katie

I have 30DS, I’ve just never actually done it for 30 consecutive days. Ha. Oops…

March 8, 2011 at 7:00 pm Reply
  • Torrie @ a place to share...

Tomorrow will be day #3 of the 30DS… I like that it’s only 20 minutes, but shouldn’t it be easy, after completed hour long grueling boot camp workouts?? Not so much. Still on level one, and it’s doable, but still tough!

As for clothes, I needed to stock up quick, so I went in Old Navy, and was surprised at what a great selection they have.

March 8, 2011 at 7:14 pm Reply
  • everton terrace

I stopped wearing a swimsuit years ago but a shed still sounds good 🙂

March 8, 2011 at 7:25 pm Reply
  • Gracie

Ahh I need to exercise and get back into a routine. These DVD’s look like they could kick my butt!

I think pretty work out clothes would always be a good motivation. So I think I need some too.

March 8, 2011 at 7:27 pm Reply
  • fuyume

i hate workout vids lol as they dont really cater to me I just wanna tone up without losing any weight as i fought so hard to gain the weight in the 1st place. I find yoga is the best for me bt i don’t use vids i use the fitness channel on my sky box 🙂

March 8, 2011 at 7:29 pm Reply
  • Kelly

I’ve never tried her videos – I may have to add one to my collection!

March 8, 2011 at 8:07 pm Reply
  • Joey @ Big Teeth & Clouds

I appreciate the brevity of the 30 Day Shred, but am I really supposed to do that EVERY day? Really?

I thought I was hot stuff doing it 3x per week. Now I do it none. I don’t want to think about swimming suit season!

March 8, 2011 at 8:13 pm Reply
  • Jenni

I LOVE to wear Pink! capri pants from Victoria’s Secret! They have a nice snug fit, and they don’t roll down. Love them!

March 8, 2011 at 8:25 pm Reply
  • Somer

I’m going to recommend the pilates vid Fit Chic: Fashion Your Body with Pilates with this disclaimer: The chic is weird. But once you learn the flow and don’t have to listen to her talk, its a 30 minute, hard working, continuous flow pilates work out.

March 8, 2011 at 8:30 pm Reply
  • Nadette@Eat, Read, Rant!

I am horrible at doing workout videos because I have zero discipline, and will sit down when I’m tired. But I love my pole fitness classes, and it’s really help tone my legs and arms (not that I needed to tone my arms–I’m one dumbell curl away from looking like a body builder, lol) you should give pole a try, it’s the most awesome workout ever.

March 8, 2011 at 8:46 pm Reply
  • Randi

Ahhh, I just picked up the Jillian Shred! You can also order a lot of hers on Netflix! Tonight will be my first time with her. I have been doing P90x since December and love it! I’m definitely in probably the best shape I’ve been in. However, I picked up Jillian for a little change. You can only do the same video’s so long before you get bored and need a new routine! Plus, Jillian’s is only 30 min long… MUCH more manageable for a full time mother with a full time job!

March 8, 2011 at 8:51 pm Reply
  • Josie

I can only work out if I have some serious distractions. It’s ridiculous. I need a TV on, preferably with closed captioning, my iPod blasting, and a magazine in front of me… This way I forget the misery I’m in for an hour every day! Keep it up, Kristin — you can do it!
    xo Josie

March 8, 2011 at 8:57 pm Reply
  • Courtney

I love the 30 day shred video (I’m actually working through it right now for like the tenth time) and her power yoga video is awesome too!

xoxo ~ Courtney

March 8, 2011 at 9:16 pm Reply
  • Grace

I personally prefer tennis and running on a treadmill, but these sound fun, too! Good for you for getting back in the habit. 🙂

March 8, 2011 at 9:32 pm Reply
  • Suz @ Suz's Treats

Jillian’s 30DS is a great workout. If I’m feeling extra crazy, I’ll walk then do it. But truth be told, I’ve never done 30 days of it much less 30 days straight.

March 8, 2011 at 9:35 pm Reply
  • Michele

Oh, those Jillian Michaels 30-day shreds are AWESOME! I borrowed them from my sis-in-law over Christmas and man did I feel the burn. To up the intensity, I would do a minimum of 2 of the exercises in each setting.

You should also check out Cathe Friedrich – her “butts and guts” DVD makes me cry – it’s that intense.

March 8, 2011 at 10:08 pm Reply
  • madsion

Lulu is great! Since i’m on the go a lot I usually do a good Pilates 20 min , then (cardio later). The best part about the on demand though, is that you can view the exercise series on your laptop when travelling.. Love it!
    -xxoo
    @ladyofashion

March 8, 2011 at 10:39 pm Reply
  • Nicolette

Ooh I should give these a try!

March 8, 2011 at 11:12 pm Reply
  • Jenn

I do like the 30 day shred (especially the only 25 minutes part) but if you reeaaaalllly want to get into shape… P90x will do it for you I swear. The yoga DVD alone kicks my a**, not to mention plyometrics, kenpo and core synergystics DVD’s. Haven’t been bored yet and we are 7 weeks in. Bad part is they are really freaking long.. like 60-90 minutes. I have had to give up sleep to fit it in. SO WORTH IT. ALso our living room is now a weight room with 2 pullup bars and a bunch of free weights — super classy.

Dreaming of lululemon. Maybe after I find my original body under the baby weight. Ha ha.

March 8, 2011 at 11:20 pm Reply
  • iheartkiwi

I am dying to get my hands on some Lululemon yoga gear! I think you’re right… it’s just the motivation I need to get back to my Bikram classes!

Swimsuit season is already in full swing here in Arizona!

March 8, 2011 at 11:29 pm Reply
  • Carole

OnDemand is a robust resource for workout videos. I mix things up w/ Jillian Michaels and Richard Simmons (no kidding–you’re moving to fun music) DVDs. Also, a few years ago, McDonald’s had an exercise DVD promotion and I use those, too.

March 8, 2011 at 11:50 pm Reply
  • Kristin {ellie-town}

Oh Jillian. She can kick my ass like no other. I have a heel spur or some nonsense that has been lingering for a year that I can’t get rid of to get back with my bestie Jill. Now I’m stuck with yoga. 🙁

March 8, 2011 at 11:57 pm Reply
  • Daphne

You know I totally forgot I have a whole collection of workout DVDs at home. I won’t be able to go to the gym cause I signed up my daugther for a tea party event but may be I can fit in a 30 minute video workout at home. I forgot the convenience of those but to be honest I am all for taking workout classes at the gym. I just like the motivation of group exercise.

March 9, 2011 at 2:24 am Reply
  • Allison

I loved getting videos OnDemand when I had Comcast! I did them all. I really like Jackie Warner stuff. More into weight than cardio. I’ve done the Mari Winsor pilates before. Ha, I just couldn’t pull off some of her leg exercises. The arm stuff was too easy, but then they were trying to do some sideways one armed push up…nope.

March 9, 2011 at 2:28 am Reply
  • Jenna

I love Jillian! She is the best… although I haven’t tried her workout videas yet, there’s something that just puts me off from doing a full work out in front of my tv when I could instead be at a group class at the gym. But I can see how it could be very good in terms of saving time (which I need) so maybe I should give it a try!

xoxo
    Jenna

March 9, 2011 at 2:41 am Reply
  • Noemi

At my age it has not been easy lost a lot of weight 6 yrs ago and then got stuck to many changes in my body I could not handle exercise anymore, but now I am back and going to try the one thing that worked for me back then Windsor Pilates it was great especially that 20 min workout I did that one day and then a more difficult one the next, maybe by May or June I too will be swim suit ready 🙂

March 9, 2011 at 4:05 am Reply
  • Noemi

Also trying Lean Cuisine for now as I really am not the type of person that has the patience to cook do you have any other ideas on ready made meals that help you loose weight?
    ♥ Noemi
    Fashion: http://www.classy-n-glamorous.blogspot.com
    Travel: http://www.brianna64-acrossthesea.blogspot.com/

March 9, 2011 at 4:06 am Reply
  • Christy @ Stylishly Inspired

My fav videos ever are anything in the Tracy Anderson Method! I did Yoga and Pilates for years, but it just wasn’t enough for me. I saw Tracy on Oprah with Gwyneth a couple years ago and I fell in love. I just love everything about the style of the workouts! I’m not so great at the cardio dance, but everything else works so well and it’s really the only thing I’ve done where I’ve seen results without bulking up. There are tons of videos on YouTube, that way you can try it out before you commit to buying any of the DVD’s. She also has a book out that includes a DVD that has awesome moves! Well worth it ; )

March 9, 2011 at 9:27 am Reply
  • Nikolett

Ahh I can’t wait for the day where I can afford lululemon on the regular haha. I wish I was better at Jillian Michaels’ workouts, hers always tend to hurt my knees though my sister told me her yoga-ish DVD is really good! Right now I’m really enjoying Tracy Anderson’s Mat Method, really works the muscles!

March 9, 2011 at 10:40 am Reply
  • Tights Lover

Very inspirational post. I’ve GOT to get to Yoga tonight!

March 9, 2011 at 1:47 pm Reply
  • Cassie

I think the shred is soooo hard! I only attempt it on days I’m feeling extra ambitious!

March 10, 2011 at 8:54 am Reply
  • Alex Elizabeth

I LOVE Jillian Michaels workouts! She will seriously kick your ass!

March 11, 2011 at 12:46 pm Reply