The BonBon Rose Girls Bake Together: Lemon Lush Cake
In addition to our Georgetown jaunt, shopping Meg’s closet and floral arranging, Meg and I also managed to squeeze in a little baking during my Annapolis trip. I decided to show her how to make my mama’s super easy, yet oh so delicious Lemon Lush cake!
1 box of white or yellow cake mix
1 small box of lemon pudding mix
1 large container of Cool Whip Light
1 lemon for garnish, or any other fruit you think would look pretty on top
1. Prepare the cake mix according to the directions (I like to mix it with my Kitchenaid mixer as it makes the batter fluffier) and divide the batter into two round cake pans. Bake.
2. Prepare the lemon pudding according to the directions and chill in the refrigerator while the cake is baking.
3. After the cake is baked and cooled, spread one half of the pudding on a cake layer. Put the other cake layer on top of the first one and spread the other half of the pudding on top of that.
4. “Frost” the whole cake with the Cool Whip.
5. Chill for 20 minutes to let the pudding set into the cake.
6. Garnish with lemon slices, strawberries or whatever else strikes your fancy.
So, there you have it…A super simple dessert that’s just perfect for spring! And by the way…we didn’t start baking until well after midnight, but that didn’t stop us from enjoying a slice! That’s how us BonBon Rose Girls roll!