Summer is in full swing. That means it’s time to transition your nail polish shades. So, bring on the brights, because summer polish is all about making a statement with a pop of color. With that in mind, here are my top picks for polish shades I’ll be keeping on heavy rotation.
1. Bright pink: My friends and family know I’ve got a soft spot for a pink nail polish. There’s something about this vibrant shade that puts a smile on my face. It’s girly. It’s fun. Plus, there’s just something about this hue that’s quintessentially summer to me. Probably because it reminds me of the bright colors you see on beach towels and bikinis. For a pop of color that’s bright, but still office appropriate try a fuchsia like Zoya Reagan (pictured) or Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Fuchsia Power. If you prefer neon or nearly-neon bright check out shades like Zoya’s Ali (pictured) or Orly’s Beach Cruiser.
2. Coral: The name of this shade itself conjures up thoughts of the ocean. And it’s definitely a hue you’ll spot during a gorgeous beach sunset. I love that it can be both laid back and fun. Try Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Coral Reef (pictured) or Julep’s Sasha for a true coral. China Glaze’s Flip Flop Fantasy (pictured) will satisfy your craving for an in-your-face neon coral.
3. Turquoise: Can’t afford a trip to the beautiful beaches in Greece? Conjure up the glistening, clear ocean water with a pretty turquoise nail polish. This gorgeous shade says beach vacation to me. Plus, it’s a perfect shade of blue-green for all you summer brides. Some of my favorite turquoise polishes: China Glaze For Audrey, China Glaze Turned up Turquoise (pictured), Essie Turquoise and Caicos, and Face Stockholm Sweet Pea (pictured).
4. Green: Since emerald is the Pantone color of the year, it behooves me to include green polish on this list. But jewel tones don’t exactly scream summer. To make this shade summer appropriate opt for a bright crème. I personally love a vibrant Kelly green, like Revlon’s Posh (pictured), which by the way can be both spring and summer appropriate. That’s good news for anyone looking to get a little extra mileage out of her polish. If you want a green that’s distinctly summer, try a chartreuse polish like Cover Girl Appletini (pictured) or a neon green like Essie’s Shake Your $$ Maker.
5. White: Ahhhh, summer whites. They’re crisp, neutral, and look great against bronzed skin. A good white polish is perfect for anyone who wants a manicure that has impact, but is still rather neutral. The trick to keeping your white polish from looking like you gave yourself a White-Out manicure? High shine. So don’t forget your glossy top coat. For a bright white mani try shades like Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On or Julep’s Kate (pictured). If you prefer a softer white try a shade like Essie’s Marshmallow (pictured).
Thank you to the lovely Erika from Girly Things by E for her fabulous guest post! Head over to her site for lots of fun beauty and style finds! Now, who’s ready to go get a mani?!?