Now that I am back under my own roof it’s nice to be back in the kitchen again. I really missed cooking for my friends and family! In fact, over Labor Day, I thought I would sneak in one more nod to those delicious berries that mark the season before summer is officially gone. Sob. So, I decided to adapt this recipe that I found on Pinterest and make an easy layered dessert. The end result was a quick, festive dessert that tasted pretty darn good too if I don’t say so myself. Just make sure to double up on the recipe so you don’t feel bad about eating it all! I may have had to make a second batch. Bwah. What can I say? I told you it was good!
Easy Layered Dessert
Sugar for sprinkling
Cheesecake Instant pudding
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice one sheet of puff pastry into thirds along seam, sprinkle with sugar, and cook on parchment paper lined cookie sheet for approx. 12 min. (make sure it looks golden and fluffy).
2. Make cheesecake flavored pudding according to directions and let set in fridge for 5 minutes.
3. Fold about half a container of Cool Whip into pudding to make if lighter.
4. Once pastry has cooled layer pudding mixture, berry assortment and pastry for all three layers.
5. Allow to chill for a while in the fridge and then dig in!
So, there you have it…A super simple, yet testy dessert that you can make to cheer your family up about summer ending. I know we’re mourning it a bit in our house Haha! But then again, fall is full of its own fun right? Get ready for loads of pumpkin goodness. Yeah, I’m one of those. I’m go all in with the pumpkin!