Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by Hampton Hotel via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hampton or Momtrends.
I’m even more excited about this holiday season than normal…and that’s saying a lot. This year, my whole family is road trippin’ it to the mountains. Coming along for the ride are my sweet little cherubs and that means the drive, and the whole trip, just got a whole lot louder. Haha! We try to get up to my family’s place in the Blue Ridge Mountains at least a couple times a year, but this will be the first time we’ve all made it up there together during the Christmas season.
As much as I love my babies, I know their wild ways can be a lot to take for a week, so a hotel might be in order. We’ll be staying at my family’s home, so having an extra space for my sister and her husband to relax in at the end of the day could be just what we need. I know I can’t be the only one who is thinking about how to make your guests feel welcome this holiday season!
Enter Hampton Hotels…With high-quality and consistent accommodations and amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and free hot breakfast, and the latest technology and innovations, such as multi-unit Power Cubes and the brand’s signature Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed®, combined with numerous locations, Hampton is a leader in its segment and one of the fastest growing hotel brands worldwide. I’ve been a fan of Hampton properties for a while now. I’ve stayed at several and have found their rooms and customer service, which they call their Hamptonality, to be just lovely, so one of them would be the perfect And while my mom will be hosting all of us for the holidays, since my little family is taking over our main space, I plan on helping make everyone comfortable this trip. So, these holiday entertaining tips from expert Jenny Steffens Hobick couldn’t have come at a better time! They’re sure to help you make your guests feel welcome too!
- Be the best OFF-SITE host ever: Let’s be honest. You love your friends and family, but cramming everyone into your house for days at a time can be stressful and add to your already lengthy holiday host to-do list! If you simply don’t have enough room to host all of your holiday guests or you just think everyone would be happier with their own, comfortable space, consider booking them at your local Hampton. With more than 1,900 locations, Hampton is the perfect place to stay no matter where your guests may be traveling from.
- Surprise your guests with welcome treats: I always like to make sure my guests know how excited we are to have them for a visit by surprising them with a little treat when they arrive. One of my favorite ways to greet them is with something personalized with their name on it, like a decorated sugar cookie or a festive welcome sign. I love staying at Hampton Hotels because they take a similar approach. They often add a personal touch for a guest’s stay by offering a favorite local snack or fun local item when guests check in.
- Be prepared with lots of snacks: We all get a little grouchy when we’re hungry – adults and kids alike! Anticipate those moments by having snacks planned for afternoons and before dinner to keep everyone happy. Be sure to include fresh options like fruit and crunchy veggies, along with filling cheeses and more decadent treats so you have something for everyone!
- Make time for exercise and fresh air: We all feel better with some fresh air in our lungs. I’d be lost without my daily exercise to clear my head and invigorate my spirit. Invite your guests on a walk with hot coffee (or hot cocoa!) and everyone will feel refreshed! Suggest an evening stroll through your local neighborhood to check out the holiday decorations. Guests at Hampton can also get energized and make time for a workout as most locations boast fitness centers and swimming pools.
- Make time for resting: The holidays can be very exhausting – especially for your guests who have traveled near and far. Make sure to schedule down time for resting in the afternoons or early evenings. An afternoon nap can feel like an indulgent treat for exhausted guests.
- Big breakfasts: Serving a big breakfast in the morning seems to make everyone happy! When we host guests, I prepare big bowls of fresh fruit for nibbling on in the morning, and then make some fresh waffles because really, who doesn’t love waffles?!? Hampton offers a free, hot breakfast every morning with fresh-baked waffles – the perfect thing to get your day started!
- Stock up on extras: Don’t forget to stock up on extra necessities like shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, contact solution, and other toiletries that guests tend to forget! Take a cue from your local Hampton and anticipate everything that your guests may need and put a basket chock full of products right in their bathroom or bedroom.
- Make your home “help yourself” friendly: Guests oftentimes feel like they are “in the way,” so make sure that your home is “guest-friendly” before they arrive. Set up a refreshment center that is available to them daily – coffee in the mornings, bottles of water to take for the day, portable snacks to have at home or on the road, etc. Make a list of local area “hot spots” with their phone numbers and websites that they can easily reference and tack it on the refrigerator. Make a few sets of spare keys, so that people can easily come and go as they please. Basically, be their “at home” concierge.
- Plan fun games: The best memories over the holidays are when everyone is relaxing, laughing and having a great time. You can help orchestrate these moments by planning fun games in which everyone can participate. You can host an Ugly Sweater Contest, A Christmas Carol Sing-Off, or Gingerbread House Competition during one of your “at home happy hours.”
So, do you need an extra space for your guests this holiday season? Well, you’re in luck! We’re giving away a one night stay at any Hampton Hotel location in the United States. Enter our Hampton giveaway using the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win! And don’t forget to connect with Hampton on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Also, if you’re going to be around this afternoon, Momtrends is hosting a Hampton Holiday Twitter party at 1 PM EST. All the details can be found here.