Brighten Up Your Home Office Space

We’re getting ready to put our house on the market soon, so I’ve been doing all kinds of daydreaming about what our new house will be like…particularly what my new home office will look like. I have a dedicated home office space now, but it doesn’t have walls and I’m looking forward to having a room all my own. Working from home full time is wonderful, but you still need a properly set up office.

office

Right now, my home office space is decorated with a shabby chic(ish) style. You can see it here…And I may go with the same vibe in my next space, but I’ve also been kind of obsessing over uber bright hues lately…It could be because I’m ready to say goodbye to winter. Who’s with me? Haha!

dormstudyarea

I rounded up a few goodies that would be perfect in a neon and white home office in case you’re feelin’ the brights right now too. So, what does your home office look like lovelies? Inquiring minds want to know! And do you think I should stick with my old look or try something new?

• Heather

I am very lucky to have a home office now. My home office used to be a card table pushed up against a wall in my living room. It didn’t provide for much creativity or quiet productivity. Congrats on getting one in your new place!

January 15, 2015 at 9:47 pm Reply
  • Sandra Shaffer

I love your shabby chic look! It sure would be fun to change it up every few months or so. Those bright colors really grab your attention!

January 16, 2015 at 1:52 am Reply
  • Robin (Masshole Mommy)

I love those colorful accessories! I am all for brightening things up!

January 16, 2015 at 5:41 am Reply
  • Michele

I don’t have a dedicated office–my desk, computer, supplies etc are all in my bedroom. It is a large room so there is plenty of space!

January 16, 2015 at 7:04 am Reply

I loooove that chair! I’m still looking to do something fun and funky in my home office space. It’s pretty boring.

January 16, 2015 at 10:29 am Reply
  • Debi @ Life Currents

I love how colorful this is! My den is a fairly dark spot. Well, it’s actually my husband’s den, oh well! LOL

January 16, 2015 at 3:08 pm Reply
  • Jaime

I really need to update the corner of my living room I call “office”. I love the bright and fun pop of color!

January 16, 2015 at 8:10 pm Reply
  • Caitlin

Well I hope selling your home goes well! And I love the way your office looks now! And I work from home too and love that I have my own space to go and be in work mode. I do have a room just for my office – it’s one of the four bedrooms and it’s the smallest of the four and was painted pink and mint blue before we moved it. So I kind of claimed it as my craft room then. And now it’s both my office and were I store my arts and crafts! The bold colors are fun! But I like to stick to whites and golds!

January 17, 2015 at 11:25 am Reply
  • Travel Blogger

I love the white desk photographed and I love you shabby chic desk too! We just moved and I’m overwhelmed with the redecorating possibilities.

January 18, 2015 at 9:27 pm Reply