One of my goals in the next few months is to finish what I’ve started. And by that, I mean finishing off a few rooms (this playroom, Jake’s room and Max’s nursery) that have seen some progress, but aren’t quite finished. I’m actually really anxious to tackle some projects in other rooms. but I think, rather than have the whole house look a little half decorated, it might be better to finish up and share some spaces. First on my list is this playroom. This photo is where I left you all hanging way back in May. Well, that’s just embarrassing, sorry folks! We’ve done a good deal since this photo including paint and add a new couch. I plan to photograph where we’re at and share it with you next week.
I actually think it’s good that we gave ourselves some room to breathe on this one. As it’s evolved, I’ve figured out how we are really using the space. It gets great light and there is no TV, so it turns out that it’s becoming a hybrid of a play space for Jake, a good play date place where I sit with friends while kids play, and a weekend adult coffee spot. All that’s left now are the final details to round it out. Here’s what I’m thinking we need: Some artwork for the walls, 2 arm chairs to flank the bookcase, a new fireplace surround (I mean that gold is killin’ me!), and some detailed accents to make it really feel finished. Based on that list, here is some inspiration for my bargain shopping!
1. I am loving this modern take on the Louis arm chair by none other than the great Jonathan Adler.
2. How fun is this Good Vibes sign? I love that is reminds me of the beach and is cool for both kids and adults!
3. Artwork like this that is both pretty and inspires creativity would be perfect.
4. These classic striped curtains feel airy and light.
5. This Nate Berkus throw from Target is so cute and a total bargain!
6. I am a sucker for a good candle, especially from Anthropologie.
Any other details that you can think of? Bring them on!