The Perfect Cheat Sheet for Every Kitchen

Beach Candle and Table Setting

Outdoor Beach Table Setting

Do you ever feel like you need a cheat sheet in the kitchen? I do! Especially before company comes over and I’m scrambling to get it all together. Sometimes it would be nice to even hand the cheat sheet to the husband and let him set the table while I cook. So, when Decor Planet reached out with their handy Kitchen cheat sheet (see it in full below), we knew it would be a great thing to share with you lovelies.

I also thought I’d put their cheat sheet to the test with my own dinner for two table setting. With two little ones we aren’t getting out to restaurants like we used to. We make an effort, but it can be hard! So, occasionally, I try to make us a nice night for two at home. Max goes down for the night pretty early and Jake is happy running around outside while we relax. That means this outdoor beach tablescape is perfect for us to keep an eye on Jake in the yard while sipping wine and talking like grown-ups.

Beach Casual Table Setting

The cheat sheet worked wonders! Although rules are meant to be broken, as in you might notice from photo 1 to 2 that I took a sip of that wine and then set it down in the wrong place. Oops! However, I loved being able to quickly reference place settings, wine parings, vegetable cooking times, and more. It really does have everything you need which is exactly why I printed out this kitchen cheat sheet and taped it to the inside of my cabinet door. I may have to pretend to be looking for something wayyyyy in the back of the cabinet when people come over, but at least they will have the correct wine pairing, ha!

Beach Candle and Table Setting

This tablescape was also very easy to create. I love items that can be reused in fun ways and the orange chargers and napkins are both the perfect compliment to the shells, but they also go great with fall table themes. In 5 minutes I was able to make the night feel more special and I just love that!

Table Setting with Orange Napkins

If you haven’t heard of Decor Planet it’s time to check them out! They offer a wide array of discounted kitchen and bathroom furniture and fixtures in their NY showrooms or online. So, they are prefect if you are working on a small project like swapping out a faucet or a major renovation such as a kitchen overhaul. Just looking at all their goods makes me feel ready to tackle our guest bath! I’ve also been wanting a kitchen farm house sink forever and I am loving their selection. What do you think? Is this Kitchen cheat sheet something you would find helpful?! If so, make sure to save it for yourself!

Kitchen Cheat Sheet

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Decor Planet. However all opinions and thoughts are our own.

• Robin (Masshole Mommy)

Ok, I need to print that out and hang it up! So much great info in one place.

May 13, 2015 at 12:39 pm Reply
  • Robin (Masshole Mommy)

Ok, I need to print that out and hang it up! So much great info in one place.

May 13, 2015 at 12:39 pm Reply
  • Bri

I love this cheat sheet because I don’t know much about place setting & I forget cooking times of various dishes easily. I will definitely be using this.

May 13, 2015 at 12:51 pm Reply
  • Bri

May 13, 2015 at 12:51 pm Reply
  • Tamara

This is amazing. I have pinned it to several boards because I think it’s relevant for so many things!
    I’m not very good with place setting. (or cooking)

May 13, 2015 at 3:04 pm Reply
  • Tamara

I’m not very good with place setting. (or cooking)

May 13, 2015 at 3:04 pm Reply
  • BellaVidaLetty

Thank you, this is a great resource. It saves me time from having to search the internet. I like your setting. The colors are great.

May 13, 2015 at 3:30 pm Reply
  • BellaVidaLetty

May 13, 2015 at 3:30 pm Reply
  • Debbie Denny

Oh my gosh. That cheat sheet is awesome. I love it .

May 13, 2015 at 5:36 pm Reply
  • Debbie Denny

Oh my gosh. That cheat sheet is awesome. I love it .

May 13, 2015 at 5:36 pm Reply
  • maria @ closetohome

what a great cheat sheet for those who may not spend too much time in the kitchen. I might print it and tape onto a cabinet

May 13, 2015 at 6:23 pm Reply
  • maria @ closetohome

May 13, 2015 at 6:23 pm Reply
  • Lorane

I like this. I know where a few things go .. but not all. The Table setting is so pretty and sophisticated .. great job:-)

May 13, 2015 at 7:58 pm Reply
  • Lorane

May 13, 2015 at 7:58 pm Reply
  • Liz Mays

Oh my gosh that infographic is so helpful. I’m so new to wine drink and food pairing!

May 13, 2015 at 8:41 pm Reply
  • Liz Mays

May 13, 2015 at 8:41 pm Reply
  • Dawn

I’ll have to look up Decor Planet. This is a beautiful set up!

May 13, 2015 at 11:00 pm Reply
  • Dawn

I’ll have to look up Decor Planet. This is a beautiful set up!

May 13, 2015 at 11:00 pm Reply
  • Tiaras & Tantrums

Your patio is so gorgeous! I would want to sit out there everyday for a nice dinner with my hubbie! I’m going to print this out for my kiddos – these have some great lessons to teach

May 13, 2015 at 11:53 pm Reply
  • Tiaras & Tantrums

May 13, 2015 at 11:53 pm Reply
  • lisa

What a great cheat sheet for the kitchen! I will have to print this and hang it in my kitchen!

May 14, 2015 at 10:00 am Reply
  • lisa

May 14, 2015 at 10:00 am Reply
  • Rosey

I am not adverse to a kitchen cheat sheet. I think it’s a good idea, in fact. These are the norm, so it’s good for people (especially the older kids here) to know where the proper settings are for items on the table.

May 14, 2015 at 1:15 pm Reply
  • Rosey

May 14, 2015 at 1:15 pm Reply
  • Debi

That is perfect. I can not tell you how many times I have needed that

May 14, 2015 at 4:12 pm Reply
  • Debi

That is perfect. I can not tell you how many times I have needed that

May 14, 2015 at 4:12 pm Reply
  • Kerri

This is a cheat sheet I could definitely use. All the etiquette you need one one sheet!

May 14, 2015 at 10:06 pm Reply
  • Kerri

May 14, 2015 at 10:06 pm Reply
  • Carol Bryant

I auditioned for and was accepted to (but decided not to do it) The Food Network show, Worst Cook in America. I would so be the person in need of this diagram – ty!

May 14, 2015 at 11:41 pm Reply
  • Carol Bryant

May 14, 2015 at 11:41 pm Reply
  • NYC Tech Mommy

This cheat sheet is awesome! I need one of these handy. I never know the correct way to set my table with place settings and all. This sheet provides so many handy tips! I love the date night at home as well. My hubby and I need more of these. Thanks for the inspiration! I think I will set one up for this weekend 🙂

May 15, 2015 at 11:02 am Reply
  • NYC Tech Mommy

May 15, 2015 at 11:02 am Reply
  • krystal

This needs to be hung on my fridge! This is such a handy guide. I could use new flatware to match some of these guidelines.

May 17, 2015 at 9:40 pm Reply