We all need a few go to easy dinner dishes for busy week nights. This baked ravioli dish does not disappoint. It’s so delicious! And I love saving time and energy when dinner is on the table in one dish in about 30 minutes. A huge win in my household! Also, with the family totally distracted by cheesy ravioli and marinara sauce, I find it a great way to sneak in vegetables like the eggplant that I used. It might be silly, but I kind of give myself a mental high-five every time Jake eats a new vegetable happily. I would never show my poker face, but on the inside I’m hooting and hollering!
Here’s how this baked ravioli is made:
1 bag of frozen ravioli of your choice (I used large cheese ravioli but you could choose a different size or filling)
Fresh mozzarella sliced
1/3 cup cream cheese
1/2 tsp. thyme (dried)
1/2 tsp parsley (dried)
Handful of basil leaves sliced
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Optional: ½ eggplant cubed or other veggie that does well baking such as zucchini or squash
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Boil water and add ravioli for approximately 5 minutes until soft. (3 minutes for small ravioli.)
- In a saucepan, combine marinara and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese has melted and mixed in. Stir in thyme and parsley.
- Add ravioli to dish, sprinkle cubed eggplant or vegetable evenly throughout.
- Spread marinara sauce over the ravioli mixture and then add mozzarella slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top.
- Cool slightly, serve and dig in!
That’s all there is to getting dinner on the table quickly on a week night. And if your house is like mine, once this baked ravioli is served there should quickly be some empty plates left over! Yum! That also makes doing the dishes easier too. Luckily that’s not the cook’s job, ha!