My kids have always loved joining me in the kitchen for my annual holiday baking sesh…but we don’t typically bake together that often in the fall. I’ve decided to change that this year and we’re starting with these darling sugar cone teepees!
6 sugar ice cream cones
1/2 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
1/2 cup Wilton brown chocolate melts
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
12-15 pretzel sticks
For decorating: waffle pretzels, green and red airhead candies, sixlet candies
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate melts for 40 seconds. Stir. If not completely melted, microwave in 10 second increments and stir until melted.
2. Add the peanut butter and stir until well combined. Let set for one minute to thicken.
3. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
4. Using a spoon, coat 3 of the sugar cones with the melted chocolate and peanut butter mixture. Place upright on the wax paper.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the brown chocolate melts for 40 seconds. Stir. If not completely melted, microwave in 10 second increments and stir until melted. Let set for two minutes to thicken.
6. Using a spoon, coat 3 of the sugar cones with the melted brown chocolate. Place upright on the wax paper.
3. Unwrap the airhead candies and cut horizontal strips and triangle shapes to decorate each tepee.
4. Before the cones are completely dry, firmly press waffle pretzels/ Airhead triangles into the cone to resemble a door/entryway.
5. Wrap the airhead horizontal strips around the teepees for decoration. If needed, apply additional melted chocolate to insure it sticks.
6. Using a toothpick, apply melted chocolate onto the sixlets and attach to the teepees for additional decoration.
7. Once the tepees are completely dried, snip off the top of the cones with a scissors-leaving enough room for two pretzel sticks to fit.