We’re always super sad to see the holidays end, so that’s why we love to make a BIG deal out of New Year’s Eve. It’s our last holiday hurrah! Since neither of us typically go out on NYE anymore now that the kiddos are here, we like to party hardy at home. That means good food, great drinks and party gear galore like funny hats.
Did you know that it’s pretty darn easy to make your own oh so fabulous party hats? Well, it is! And here’s how…You simply repurpose an old party hat by adding some card stock and, voila, you’re ready to welcome the new year!
White with silver polka dots glitter card stock
A old party hat (or the dollar store carries)
Larger silver glittered Pom-Pom ball
Hot glue gun
1. Open up your old party hat and remove the string
2. On the back of your card stock, trace your hat into the card stock
3. Cut your traced hat out
4. Now fold your new hat into a cone, and hot glut the ends together
5. Hot glue the glittered Pom-Pom onto the top of your hat
6. Now tie the ends of your elastic into a large knot (maybe 5 times on each side)