What to Wear to a Holiday Party

New Holiday

Now that the season of holiday soirees is fully in swing, we thought it was high time we talked about what to wear to a holiday party…namely a holiday work party. And we’ve teamed up with two of our favorite fashion bloggers, Jo-Lynne Shane of Jo-Lynne Shane’s Blog and Cyndi Spivey of Grace + Beauty to bring you three holiday party outfit ideas…

Both Megan and I have holiday parties on the books, in the next couple of weeks, for ourselves and our husbands…so we’ve definitely had holiday style on the brain. And one piece that you can never go wrong with is a little black dress. Megan wore hers with fun accents like metallics, pearls and very on trend bow bedecked heels…but you could easily go another route and add some color to the equation. The point is, a little black dress is like a blank canvas and is the perfect jumping off point for any holiday party ensemble.

IMG_7399-2-e1430418126144

IMG_7391-2-e1430418077475

Like I mentioned…little black dresses go great with statement colors, so I put together an outfit like the one I plan on looking for for my hubs’ party! It’s all about the shoes…with me, it’s always all about the shoes. Haha!

LBD

Now that you’ve seen our holiday party look, make sure you head over to see what Jo-Lynne and Cyndi put together!

And for more timeless holiday style inspiration, check out our 12 days of holiday outfits collaboration!

• Jo-Lynne Shane

WOW, I love this dress. STUNNING with the red nails and silver bag. You look gorgeous, Megan!

December 4, 2015 at 8:16 am Reply
  • Ida

A little black dress and pearls are always such an elegant combo. This dress is stunning!

December 4, 2015 at 11:26 am Reply
  • Esther @ The Cuteness

That is a gorgeous dress! I love the pop of the red nail polish too. Perfect for the season!

December 4, 2015 at 12:21 pm Reply
  • Roxanne

I miss going to office holiday parties where I could dress up! This would be a stunning addition to any holiday wardrobe.

December 4, 2015 at 1:40 pm Reply
  • Heather

I love that dress! I will be looking for something for my husband’s work holiday party coming up. I never know what to wear! And those red shoes – awesome!

December 4, 2015 at 2:33 pm Reply
  • Brittany @ Everyday Thoughts

One of my favorite things about the holidays is the excuse to rock gorgeous red nails and lips. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I don’t own a pair of red pumps but the ones you’ve picked out are perfection – I might need to indulge.

December 4, 2015 at 4:46 pm Reply
  • Jenn

Well, you just can’t go wrong with a great LBD! I love the peek-a-boo insets in the skirt–it takes the current trend but makes it business friendly!

December 4, 2015 at 4:47 pm Reply
  • Nicole Feliciano

Love it!

December 4, 2015 at 11:34 pm Reply
  • Paula

I LOVE the look of this dress, and it’s timeless appeal. I so wish that my company had a holiday party, we do, but it’s a luncheon and we don’t bring guests. Thank you for sharing this lovely outfit.

December 5, 2015 at 2:53 am Reply
  • MyTeenGuide

The dress is beautiful. It’s simple, but very classy.

December 5, 2015 at 3:43 am Reply
  • Jeanine

So beautiful. That dress is so lovely and those heels are pretty fantastic. Wish I could pull something like this off!

December 5, 2015 at 10:32 am Reply
  • Ana De- Jesus

Your dress is stunning I love the mesh panels they give the dress a sensual appeal. What was your favourite part of the look? I like the pearl bracelet too.

December 5, 2015 at 10:34 am Reply
  • Lanae Bond

I love the idea of wearing a LBD for the holidays because it can be worn at many functions. Great look!

December 5, 2015 at 11:15 am Reply
  • Deb- It's me, debcb!

Love the dress. That’s a style that’s so flattering on me because I’m a little hippy. I need some red pumps. Those are awesome.

December 5, 2015 at 11:27 am Reply
  • Eva /Kid Minds

I agree a little black dress is always appropriate for an office party. I love how black dress looks with red pumps and red nail polish.

December 5, 2015 at 7:46 pm Reply
  • Kirsten

Love the black dress you are wearing. It is very pretty and perfect for a holiday party. I also like the dress you paired with the earrings, clutch, & shoes. That’s really cute too. Can’t beat the perfect little black dress!

December 5, 2015 at 9:25 pm Reply
  • Yona Williams

Your shoes with the bow on them are so cute…I need to get a pair like that. I love your outfit – little black dresses are one of my favorite things to wear.

December 6, 2015 at 11:00 am Reply
  • Susannah

That LBD is beautiful!!!! I really want to get it to wear to a holiday event… But then I remember that I don’t have any dress up events on the schedule. 😉

December 6, 2015 at 11:32 pm Reply