Have you guys seen the new Disney film Moana? I’ve heard amazing things about it and it’s definitely on our holiday vacation to do list. We try to see at least one movie together as as family while the kids are on break and Moana is definitely in the running. Being the Disney nut that I am, I thought it would be fun to do a Moana themed activity before we saw the movie to help get the kids even more pumped up.
Considering what time of year it is, cookies made perfect sense! I know I’m not the only one with holiday baking to do yet right? So, who’s ready to find out how to make this super easy Moana Inspired White Chocolate Oreos recipe?! These festive treats are as pretty as they are tasty!
Servings: 1 dozen
12 Oreos (I used the Winter variety with red icing)
1 cup Wilton white chocolate melts or vanilla almond bark
Wilton red candy decorating pen or icing gel
1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium microwave safe bowl, microwave the white candy melts for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second increments until melted and smooth.
3. Fill each mold with 2 tablespoons of melted white chocolate. Place an Oreo cookie on top and then spoon additional melted chocolate over the Oreos, up to the top of the molds.
4. Chill for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
5. Once chilled, gently pop each cookie out of the mold and place on the lined baking sheet.
6. With your candy pan or red decorator gel, pipe the Moana logo on top of each cookie.
And for more sweet treat inspiration, check out this white chocolate peppermint cookies recipe. Clearly we dig white chocolate. Haha!
This is not a sponsored post.