On most New Year’s Eve nights you’ll find me and the hubs snuggled up with our kiddos at home. We prefer throwing a little mini party for the fam versus braving the New Year’s Eve crowds. That doesn’t mean we don’t make the night special however. Oh no! We dress up. We prepare a “fancy” dinner as my kids call it…And there are treats. There are always treats! This year I thought we’d go with a golden glitter theme because who doesn’t love some sparkle? These White Chocolate Golden Glitter Truffles will be a lovely addition to our glittery New Year’s Eve table!
Yields: 2 dozen truffles
24 Golden Oreo cookies
8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese – softened at room temperature
12 oz bag Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
Wilton gold glitter sugar crystals
Wilton white glitter sugar crystals
1. Line a large baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor and pulse until they are in tiny crumbs.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the Oreo crumbs and softened cream cheese. Mix until completely blended.
4. Cover bowl and chill for 20 minutes for easier handling.
5. Shape the Oreo mixture into one inch balls and place on the lined baking sheet.
6. In a double boiler, warm the white chocolate chips over low medium heat. Stir continuously until melted and smooth.
7. Pour the melted chocolate into a smaller bowl for easier dipping.
8. Using a toothpick, dip each Oreo ball into the melted white chocolate and place back on the baking sheet.
9. Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle each truffle with the gold and white glitter sugar crystals.
And if you need more New Year’s Eve ideas than these delicious White Chocolate Golden Glitter Truffles, check out our easy DIY party hats. They’re sparkly too!
This is not a sponsored post.