Who doesn’t love a good emoji? I mean I use the wine emoji on a daily basis. Bwah! And my kiddo can’t get enough of them either. In fact, I found a texting exchange between him and Megan that was complete with several poop emojis. Needless to say, she figured out it wasn’t me eventually. Haha! So, in honor of you fellow social media lovers, we bring you some super special sweets! It doesn’t get much cuter than Emoji Valentine Oreos. They would make for a fun classroom treat or even just a little surprise to serve up to your family. In my house, we like to celebrate for weeks leading up to any holiday and Valentine’s Day is no different!
Emoji Valentine Oreos
Yields: 1 dozen
Cookie/candy mold (Amazon link below)
12 Oreo cookies
1 cup Wilton yellow chocolate melts
Red cookie decorator icing
Black cookie decorator icing
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the yellow chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second increments until melted and smooth.
3. Fill each cookie mold with 2 tablespoons of the melted yellow chocolate. Place an Oreo cookie on top and then spoon additional melted chocolate over the Oreos, up to the top of each mold.
4. Chill for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
5. Once chilled, gently pop each cookie out of the mold and place on the lined cookie sheet.
6. With the red decorator icing, pipe 2 hearts for the eyes of each emoji cookie.
7. With the black decorator icing, pipe a smile on each cookie.
*Store in a single layer, in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
I hope you enjoyed our Emoji Valentine Oreos…and for more Valentine’s Day fun, check out our chocolate dipped strawberries recipe!
This is not a sponsored post.