J. Jill Striped Casual Dress

J. Jill Striped Casual Dress

This winter has been a strange one in Maryland. I know the West Coast has had epic snow. The kind of snow that is so much snow that even snowboarders are all like, “whoa dude, that’s a lot of snow!” But here on the East Coast it has been extremely mild. While that does make getting dressed and paying that heating bill a little easier, my kids are just itching for a good snow day. It’s tough when you have the best sledding hill right in your own backyard! For me, it means I’ve been moving on to having spring like fashion on the brain. We barely even need tights anymore! This J. Jill striped casual dress is an easy style for those transitional days.

J. Jill Striped Dress

I love stripes (if you know me please stop rolling your eyes, I know I wear a lot of stripes, ha!) and having a dress with long sleeves is really nice. The shape of this knit dress can be a little loose rather than hugging curves. I like that style but it does mean not having a waistline. To avoid it looking too loose, I added my light green rain jacket as a fun and practical layer that gives some definition to my waist.

Star Pin on Green Jacket

This star pin came in my last Fab, Fit, Fun box to support the Starlight Children’s Foundation. I love the cause and also think it adds a little something to this jacket. These gold dangle earrings are from my most recent Stitch Fix box. I’ll be sharing an unboxing video on that later this week.

J. Jill Striped Dress

You know spring is in the air, yes even in January, when I break out my Converse Shoreline sneakers. I just got them in white in anticipation of all the spring sports I’ll be sidelining in the coming months. If you don’t have a pair, you are missing out. They slip on, are really comfortable and go with everything!

White Converse

Have you moved on to spring looks or are you still straddled with snow? I think we still have another month or two to go but I’m guessing that groundhog doesn’t see his shadow later this week!

J. Jill Striped Casual Dress

Shop the look: Dress / Jacket / Shoes

Disclosure: We received a sample for the purpose of styling. This post contains some affiliate links.

• Kate

This look is so cute – & I love the extra bit of sparkle from the star pin! Alas, we have about a foot & a half of snow here right now…

January 31, 2017 at 10:00 am Reply
  • robin rue

That is a super cute dress. I love J. Jill. They have some seriously cute stuff there.

February 2, 2017 at 6:58 pm Reply
  • Heather @ Country Life, City Wife

Love this casual look. I particularly like the Starlight Children’s Foundation pin, too. Also a cause near and dear to me and I agree – it is the perfect touch to the jacket.

February 2, 2017 at 7:00 pm Reply
  • Janel B.

I wish I had the body shape to pull off that look. Yes crazy weather all around. Lots of rain here in the valley in CA which is what we need

February 2, 2017 at 7:44 pm Reply
  • CoCo

I have a striped dress just like that but a little more fitted. And those shoes and a similar jacket! I could easily recreate this style!

February 2, 2017 at 9:03 pm Reply
  • Jessi

I love that jacket! You look very stylish but not like you tried too hard. I got that pin in my Fit Fab Fun too and I absolutely love it and what it represents.

February 2, 2017 at 9:46 pm Reply

Such a classic style. The stripe is fun all through summer. We still have more winter to get through so I’ll just pin for later!

February 2, 2017 at 10:14 pm Reply
  • Allison

I love everything about this! It’s so cute and flattering and I love that you can dress it up or dress it down!

February 2, 2017 at 10:47 pm Reply
  • Teresa

One of my all time favorite places to shop – on line or in store! their cotton is so soft! I always find something I love at J Jill

February 3, 2017 at 1:05 am Reply
  • Debra

That looks so comfortable at the same time being so cute! I love that dress, you look great in it too!

February 3, 2017 at 2:50 am Reply
  • Lydia

I love this cozy outfit! So casual but the red lips make a huge difference!

February 3, 2017 at 12:05 pm Reply
  • Kori

This looks like such a comfortable outfit! I love the stripes on you. Casual and professional at the same time.

February 3, 2017 at 12:06 pm Reply
  • Di Hickman

Love the stripes! Pretty dress, reminds me of what we called a “tennis dress” a couple of decades back lol. Looks great with the sneakers.

February 3, 2017 at 5:32 pm Reply
  • Courteney Noonan

This is such a pretty dress! You can wear it with so many different shoes and accessories too. I love stripes 🙂

February 3, 2017 at 7:45 pm Reply
  • Jennifer (JenuineMom)

This striped dress looks really cute on you. And so comfy! I particularly like the shoes with this dress. All in all, super cute!

February 4, 2017 at 10:53 am Reply
  • HilLesha O'Nan

You look fabulous! I usually don’t do stripes, but I love this striped dress. It looks like it can easily be dressed up or down.

February 5, 2017 at 12:40 pm Reply
  • Cecilia Cannon

this is a total me outfit. I already own the shoes and a similar jacket and I wouldn’t have thought to pair it with a striped dress. looks like this is my next purchase for spring

February 5, 2017 at 3:03 pm Reply
  • Carolyn

I just bought the same white shoreline sneakers a few weeks ago. I love them. I also love the dress…looks like the perfect casual dress.

February 5, 2017 at 7:24 pm Reply
  • Rachel

I love this casual look. The 3/4 sleeve on the jacket is great and I love the color too. Thanks for sharing.

February 5, 2017 at 8:29 pm Reply
  • Chelsea Damon

I love the hunter green paired with gold and bright red! Such a gorgeous look that brings out the highlights in your skin!

February 5, 2017 at 10:20 pm Reply
  • Kerri

Great pairing. My sister is a big fan of stripes. I think she would look great in this outfit and I will have to share with her!

February 6, 2017 at 11:01 pm Reply
  • amber

I LOVE how you paired it with the green bomber and converse. I love the combo! I have a shirt with a similar pattern and love pairing with similar pieces. The dress looks super comfy!

February 7, 2017 at 1:01 am Reply