It’s time to get real. Like real, real. Lets talk hair washing and mommyhood and how hard it is for the two to meet. Before having kids I literally had the time to wash my hair every other day. Sometimes every day. And this included 30 minutes for blow drying and styling. Girl, my hair looked good!
Now, that extra time to get primped just doesn’t exist. I have to carve it out in my day and it is really hard to find. So I do what most of my other friends do. I stretch it into 3-4 days. I’ve been known to literally plan my harder, sweatier workouts around washing my hair. I’ve also been known to go blow-dry my hair in the middle of the night in the basement so no one wakes up. It’s crazy but what’s a girl to do?! I’m constantly in the pursuit of well washed hair, ha!
I’ve learned some easy ways to make a look work on what I like to call, “last day hair”. So here are three easy hairstyles for moms on the go. And even for moms who aren’t on the go but still don’t want to wash their hair in the company of little people.
The Side Braid
- If you have longer hair, this look is cute and easy to pull off! I love that it looks really intentional and not at all like you are in need of a blow out.
- Just pull your hair to one side, braid in a chunky imperfect braid and wrap a rubber band around it.
- I sometimes have to insert a bobby pin or to in the back to keep hair in place.
The High Pony
- The pro is that a ponytail literally takes seconds to do.
- The con is that it can easily look like your hair was an afterthought. Make sure to truly get it high enough to avoid that unplanned look.
- I like to throw on a scarf or big earrings to give the high pony more style.
- Sure, I love a baseball cap for days when I just can’t get it together. But a more stylish hat like a felt hat or even a panama hat in warmer weather gets you noticed for all the right reasons.
- I like to either go all out messy waves or super sleek and straight when I wear a hat. It gives the look a boost and still no one sees those roots!
Those are my three very easy hairstyles for moms who like me, may need to stretch out that hair washing a bit. Don’t worry it’s our dirty, and still stylish, little secret!
And if you have colored treated hair, check out the products Kristin swears by!
This is not a sponsored post.