Easy DIY Classroom Valentine Box

heart box

There is one project that lands on this mama’s lap each and every Valentine’s Day without fail…It’s the classroom Valentine box of course! Every teacher has her own spin it, but they always want something for the kiddos to store their classroom Valentines in. Now can I go to town and tackle a craft? Sure. Do I have loads of extra time to DIY it up? Not always. So, when I am time crunched I rely on sort of homemade ideas. Did you know, for instance, that places like Target and Michaels have ready-made Valentine boxes? If you’ve ever tried to fashion a mailbox out of a cardboard, you know how clutch this is. These boxes come with the slot on top ready to go. No box cutters required!

Valentine box

Valentine's Day box

Valentine's Day diy

You may remember the Michaels Valentine box that I snagged and decorated last year. I simply added festive heart and flower stickers to decorate it. My daughter loved it and I loved just how little time it took to make. Well, this year is no different. I found my ready-made Valentine box at Target this year and picked up another fun box of Valentine’s Day ready stickers to adorn it with. I really can’t stress how much time this will save you. You can even let you child get in on the fun and decorate it herself. Anyone can put stickers on a box! It’s a perfect project for time challenged mamas and pre-schoolers alike!

classroom Valentines

So, do you have to make a classroom Valentine box too lovelies? If so, hopefully this easy idea made your life a wee bit easier. That’s what we’re here for after all! To help you live in a stylishly streamlined way. Happy “crafting!”

For more Valentine’s Day fun, check out our sprinkled dipped Valentine wafer cookies!

This is not a sponsored post.

• karen

How much fun is Valentines Day, especially when you can make a cute DIY box for all the Valentines?! What a great idea for the collection of cards!

February 10, 2017 at 8:23 pm Reply

Making these boxes was an annual event of our family while our daughter was growing up. Your box is adorable!

February 10, 2017 at 8:48 pm Reply
  • Di Hickman

i didn’t know they made boxes like this already with the slot in the top! That would actually be pretty useful for a lot of things. Cute idea, will share with my teacher friends!

February 10, 2017 at 8:54 pm Reply
  • Jessi

That is super adorable! I should see if I can make this for my niece for school.

February 10, 2017 at 9:31 pm Reply
  • Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh

What a quick, cute, and fun idea for collecting all those Valentine’s at school.

February 10, 2017 at 10:09 pm Reply
  • Angela

This is such a fun idea for Valentine’s Day! I can’t wait for my LO to be old enough to make these kind of projects together

February 10, 2017 at 11:43 pm Reply
  • Debra

I love making Valentines boxes, I will be sad when there are no longer any little ones to make boxes for!

February 10, 2017 at 11:47 pm Reply
  • Rimsha

I love how simple and pretty this is! I don’t have t make a Valentine’s day box for the classroom but i’m thinking of making one just for fun!

February 11, 2017 at 6:27 am Reply
  • Heather (Brie Brie Blooms)

Easy, not messy and pretty – a perfect school Valentine’s mailbox! My eight year old daughter is always coming up with very detailed and elaborate plans. This year her pet hedgehog inspired a hedgehog mailbox!

February 11, 2017 at 8:36 am Reply
  • Angela Tolsma

Pre-made boxes are awesome. I didn’t know there was such a thing for cards. Love how you decorated it, simple and pretty!

February 11, 2017 at 11:41 am Reply
  • Tereza

Awh this is adorable, I wish Czech people (where I come from) celebrated Valentine’s Day more – we never used to at school but it would have been lovely – and a good bonding exercise as well! x

February 11, 2017 at 4:24 pm Reply
  • Melissa

I know I said I didn’t love V-Day but that box is so nice and you can put all the cards in it. You make it so much fun.

February 11, 2017 at 4:30 pm Reply
  • Dawn McAlexander

I have seen these before, but never put it together that it could be made at home so easily. That is a great idea for Valentine’s Day. Heck, it would be great for just about any day, honestly.

February 11, 2017 at 8:37 pm Reply
  • Belle

I don’t have too yet but this is so adorable. I am definitely bookmarking this for future use for when my kids are older.

Belle | One Awesome Momma

February 11, 2017 at 9:36 pm Reply
  • Heather

This is so cute! My mom was just making a Valentine’s box with her little neighbors the other day. I know the kids appreciate having something cute to take to school!

February 11, 2017 at 9:52 pm Reply
  • Roxanne

I totally love the simplicity of this box! So crafty, and so easy! Major mom points for this one!! 🙂

February 12, 2017 at 9:05 pm Reply
  • Rachel Catherine

This is cute. We did it last year since my daughter was only in school a few days. Love the tradition of giving cards.

February 12, 2017 at 9:30 pm Reply
  • Nikki Arnold

I’ve never seen one in the store before. I’ve seen a lot of diys for making items to hold valentines though. I love how simple this is with the pre-made box and glitter stickers.

February 12, 2017 at 9:32 pm Reply
  • Ashley LaMar

That’s adorable!! So cute and definitely something the little ones could do.

February 12, 2017 at 10:11 pm Reply
  • Jalisa Harris

This is the cutest. I was in Target and Joann’s Fabrics and they had boxes like these already made. Great for kids to take home.

February 13, 2017 at 10:30 am Reply
  • Sara

This is super cute! I’d prefer to make my own, I think it would be so fun and I can get crafty

February 14, 2017 at 8:44 pm Reply
  • Kiwi

This is simple and festive. I like the box is already made and you just stick these items on there.

February 15, 2017 at 3:03 am Reply