Our Top Stitch Fix Tips

denim jacet and maxi dress look

As you’ve probably noticed, Megan and I are both big time Stitch Fix fans. There is something so exciting about getting a box full of fashionable surprises and I love taking advantage of someone else’s perspective when it comes to my style. In fact, Megan shared her latest Stitch Fix unboxing HERE in case you missed it…Since I know not all of you have given this personal styling service a try yet, I thought I would share some top Stitch Fix tips to help you end up with a box chock filled with pieces that you can’t wait to wear!

3 Easy Stitch Fix Tips

maxi dresses and denim jackets

1. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want….

Your stylist will welcome your specific requests…Trust me! You’re more likely to end up keeping your Fix if you honed in on which pieces your wardrobe currently needs. I, for example, can never have too many maxi dresses. And do you know what I got in my latest Stitch Fix order? You guessed it…A MAXI DRESS!

Do you have a go-to style combo that always delivers? For me, it’s maxi dresses and denim jackets. I just love the juxtaposition of a flowy maxi with the somewhat more casual vibe of a denim jacket! And it just so happens to be one of my favorite summer looks. There isn’t much call for layering in the summertime, but once those hot temps hit, places seem to crank the air conditioning WAY up, so when I go out at night, I like to bring a denim jacket with me for just such an occasion. And that brings me to my latest Stitch Fix scores, a fun printed maxi and light rinse denim jacket.

It’s been a while since I received a Fix, so I was thrilled to find these goodies in my last box. Never one to turn down a maxi, I knew this fun printed number was going to be a winner right away. It’s figure flattering without being clingy and the faux wrap style actually works with my top heavy upper half. You fellow full chested girls know what I’m talking about. Bwah! Now it looks great on its own with little more than some coordinating necklaces and flat sandals, but it’s great to know that it looks just as fabulous layered with a denim jacket too!

denim jackets

turquoise necklaces

stitch fix tips

2. Adjust your pricing thresholds

Megan and I were lucky enough to chat with some lovely Stitch Fix team members at the Mom 2.0 Conference recently and they gave us this amazing takeaway. You might have set up your pricing parameters when you first created your Stitch Fix account. Make sure they’re still relevant!

3. Try everything on

Even if at first glance you don’t think it’s your style, try it on. I can’t tell you how many times both Megan and I received a piece that we weren’t necessarily sure about until we tried it on! And low and behold we ended up keeping them.

So, there you have it…Our top Stitch Fix tips. We hope they help you find a Fix that you can’t live without this summer! And you can find even more tips for getting a great Fix HERE.

This is not a sponsored post. It does contain affiliate links.

• Robin Rue

I have been wanting to try StitchFix. It sounds like such a great idea and I do love new clothes all the time 🙂

May 30, 2017 at 7:45 pm Reply
  • Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh

I’ve used Stitch Fix twice. The first time I bought a shirt and a cardigan, and the second time I bought a shirt. The prices in my opinion are far too high for the quality. Both shirts within a couple of months either lost their stitching, or became misshapen from washing. The cardigan was the biggest let down because after the second wash, it began pilling. It was horrible. It looked horrible. And after spending about $45 on it, I was peeved. I contacted them about all three pieces, and I was simply told I must not have laundered according to the labels. In fact, I did. After spending that kind of money on pieces, I make sure to follow the manufactures directions. Needless to say I don’t use Stitch Fix, and wouldn’t recommend it. However, I have friends who use it regularly, and love it!

May 30, 2017 at 8:23 pm Reply
  • Cindy Ingalls

That Maxi dress is so cute and I love the way you’ve styled it! I too love Maxi dresses in the summer!

May 30, 2017 at 8:25 pm Reply
  • Cassie

Love your outfit here! I love a good denim jacket and have been wanting to get one for awhile. sounds like stitch fix is a winner!

May 30, 2017 at 8:41 pm Reply

I love Stitch Fix and use them mostly for special occasions. I always get great service and now that it comes in bigger sizes, I almost always get to keep something!

May 30, 2017 at 9:06 pm Reply
  • Heather

I haven’t tried Stitch Fix yet, but I think it is because I’m not sure on sizing – as in I want to lose more weight before I buy new clothes. Perhaps I should just give that up though 🙂

May 30, 2017 at 9:39 pm Reply
  • Lyddiegal

That is a pretty maxi dress, and the two piece look is fun. I can’t have too many either!
    Chic on the Cheap

May 30, 2017 at 9:46 pm Reply
  • reesa

I tried Stitch Fix but I found the outfits to be a little too small. I will have to look again though since Terri said they have larger sizes now!

May 30, 2017 at 10:12 pm Reply
  • Marcie

I love your look! Super fun and summery! I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about Stitch Fix lately. I’ll have to look into it when I’m done nursing my baby. I’m due for a wardrobe facelift!

May 30, 2017 at 11:06 pm Reply
  • Theresa

I still haven’t ordered from them, but I’d like to! Thanks for the reminder to check them out.

May 31, 2017 at 6:33 am Reply
  • Rhian Westbury

I’ve never heard of Stitch Fix, but it sounds like such an awesome idea to create something unique x

May 31, 2017 at 7:20 am Reply
  • Angela Tolsma

I have always been worried about getting a stitch fix box. Mostly because I don’t wear any color and I am not sure how they would be able to handle that! I love your dress though, maxi are a great style!

May 31, 2017 at 7:51 am Reply
  • Dawn McAlexander

I love your outfit. I think it looks absolutely gorgeous. I would love to have an outfit like that for a night on the town. I think it would look good on me.

May 31, 2017 at 10:20 am Reply
  • Jeanine

Such a gorgeous outfit! I love the skirt, that is really beautiful. I love this whole outfit, and would love to try to pull it off!

May 31, 2017 at 11:19 am Reply
  • Cindy Ingalls

Great tips. I’ve tried Stitch Fix before without much success, mostly because my stylist didn’t pick clothes right for my body type. I’m going to try these tips next time so I do get exactly what I want.

May 31, 2017 at 1:50 pm Reply
  • Charlotte

I have never heard of StitchFix but it sounds like a great idea! I am all for sprucing my wardrobe up at any point!

May 31, 2017 at 3:58 pm Reply
  • Kate @ GreatestEscapist.com

I’ve never had great luck with Stitchfix, but that was before they offered plus sizing. Lately, I’ve seen so many blog posts about great experiences with them that I may just try again!

May 31, 2017 at 6:44 pm Reply
  • Elizabeth O.

I’ve never tried stitch fix before but I’ve been hearing so many good things about it. I think it’s awesome that you shared these tips with us, it’s perfect for first timers!

May 31, 2017 at 11:05 pm Reply
  • Jennifer Pilgrim

A service like StitchFix would be really great for me. You look amazing in that dress too!

June 1, 2017 at 8:56 am Reply
  • katriza

I’m horrible at stitching! I need to work on it but these tips are awesome and definitely handy!

June 1, 2017 at 1:22 pm Reply
  • Heather

I love your outfit! I’ve wanted to try Stitch Fix for a really long time and now probably will!

June 1, 2017 at 5:19 pm Reply

I love Stitch Fix! Especially because I don’t have a ton of style necessarily. I like having people give me suggestions and shoe me what looks good together.

June 1, 2017 at 6:16 pm Reply
  • Courtneylynne

Omg just loving the outfit!!!! I will have to look into stitch fix if that’s what the outfits look like. Too chic!

June 1, 2017 at 8:27 pm Reply
  • Glenda

Your maxi dress looks so beautiful on you. I really like the vibrant colors and the floral print.

June 1, 2017 at 9:13 pm Reply
  • Amber Nelson

I love the look of that dress! Stitch Fix is such a great service. I have used it and have had great experience.

June 1, 2017 at 10:43 pm Reply
  • Jean

I’ve never heard of Stitch Fix. That maxi looks amazing on you! You’re right, it looks perfect with a nice denim jacket.

June 2, 2017 at 7:05 am Reply
  • Krystle Cook

This outfit is so beautiful. I have always wanted to try out Stitch Fix for myself.

June 2, 2017 at 10:05 am Reply
  • HilLesha O'Nan

I’ve only tried Stitch Fix once and wasn’t satisfied with the things that I received, Now, I know why! I’ll communicate with my stylist better the next time I try Stitch Fix.

June 2, 2017 at 5:14 pm Reply
  • Misty Nelson Dawn

What a cute outfit it really looks good on you, I love that dress so much

June 9, 2017 at 6:27 pm Reply