Where to Take Your Kids to Eat this Summer

I know I’m not the only one who’s finding themselves eating out a bit more this summer right? Between summer camps, swim lessons, dance recitals and whatever else I’m forgetting right now, summer is not NOT busy and this mama needs a break. So, if that break comes in the form of a relaxing dinner out. I’m all for it. That being said, where we eat said dinner out has to be some place that works for the kids. Thank goodness for Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen! You may remember when we partnered with them last summer and I can say that we’ve been frequenting that joint ever since then thanks to their family friendly menu. So, when we needed a night away from the house recently, we knew just where to head. We’re selling our house you see, so we’re finding ourselves needing to be away at dinnertime more often than not these days, but I digress…

Where to Eat with Kids

monster cookie for kids

monster cookie

where to eat with kids

chicken tenders sampler

Cheddar’s has added some tasty tidbits to their menu this summer that our worth a try and I wanted to share a few of those with you. On our most recent Cheddar’s jaunt, the kiddos just weren’t their most cheerful. They’ve had a lot of upheaval with all the house showings, and frankly, I’m surprised they haven’t been crankier. I certainly have had my moments. Bwah! So, when we were at dinner I knew I had to put a smile on the their face. Enter Cheddar’s Legendary Monster Cookie. This gooey confection consists of an oversized cookie, chocoolate and ice cream. Mmmm! Sounds good fright? It was! But before we continue on with dessert, let’s talk about dinner.

peach smash

salmon

The hubs went for House Smoked Baby Back Ribs, while I opted for the Citrus Miso Glaze Salmon. I’m training for a half marathon right now and loved that this lighter option was available. We also sampled the Chicken Tender Sampler. Everyone was starving when we go there and a few bits of chicken tenders helped everyone get through until their meal arrived. Mama also might have been helped by the Knob Creek Peach Smash cocktail. Bwah! Now when I tell you this cocktail was delish, I am dead serious. It was perfectly peachy without being too sweet. I liked it so much, I want to figure out how to make them at home. Just sayin’.

sangria at cheddar's

So, as you can see Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen has plenty of tasty options for the whole family and I have even more incentive for you to go check out out for yourself. Until July 2nd, you can get a free hand-breaded, made-to- order 5 PC Chicken Tenders appetizer wit Original, Honey Hot or Buffalo flavor with the purchase of one entrée. Try the Honey Hot sauce. You won’t be disappointed! And try the sangria too for that matter. Bwah! Now did I deliver on my where to eat with kids suggestion or what?!

Free 5 PC Chicken Tenders

Get your coupon for your free tenders HERE!

We partnered with Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen for this post. While sponsored, the opinions expressed are our own.

• Heather Lawrence

Yummy!! Now I am hungry just looking at all the food!
    We try and take the kids out at least once a month for a treat.
    Will totally have to check this place out.

June 30, 2017 at 7:10 pm Reply
  • Katy Rose

All these dishes look delicious. And that icecream sundae is amazing. I think I would just order that! – Katy

June 30, 2017 at 8:25 pm Reply
  • candy

Like how the first photo was with the yummy treat. Always nice to find places that kids and parents would enjoy.

July 2, 2017 at 5:52 pm Reply
  • Debra J Hawkins

I haven’t been to a Cheddar’s in forever! I miss it, we will have to go get one of those ice cream sundaes!

July 2, 2017 at 6:11 pm Reply
  • Katie Kinsley

I have noticed a lot of parents taking their children to many different styles of restaurants. I went out to eat at a high end sushi place and there was a family of 4 there and the kids seemed to love it.

July 2, 2017 at 8:22 pm Reply
  • Becky Willis

At first, I was thinking that possibly you allowed them to have dessert first lol. That sundae made me want one. We do not have that place in our area or else my husband might have been running out for me. I think that is a great deal and it looks really delicious. Your daughter is so cute!

July 2, 2017 at 10:05 pm Reply
  • Sara Phillips

Those tenders look delicious – thanks for the coupon! We love Cheddar’s so I’ll definitely take advantage of free tenders!

July 2, 2017 at 10:19 pm Reply
  • Maurene Cab

Thanks for sharing this! My kids love to eat and they always appreciate it when we take them out for dinner.

July 2, 2017 at 10:51 pm Reply
  • John Lopez

I love Cheddars, there are two locations in the greater Austin area. My favorite is the appetizer sampler and the huge frozen margaritas.

July 2, 2017 at 11:29 pm Reply
  • Margarette Puno

My kids loves fried chicken. I feel like eating one now. Whenever we have time, I see to it to bring my kids out. Spend time and eat their fav food.

July 3, 2017 at 8:51 am Reply
  • Lily Ashley

Oh that ice cream is refreshing to eat this summer days. Closest place to take my kids out is SM Mall. They would love eat that. And chicken with spaghetti.

July 3, 2017 at 10:28 am Reply
  • Emily

Oh, that food looks so good! We love to go out at least once a week as a family. Finding items on the menu that everyone will like is key. I will have to see if we have one close to us, thanks!

July 3, 2017 at 11:36 am Reply
  • Eileen | yesmissy.com

Cheddars looks like a great place to bring your kids! I bet you could bribe them to do anything with that ice cream lol

July 3, 2017 at 11:38 am Reply
  • Stephanie Jeannot

Just the name of the place Cheddars has my mouth watering because I love cheese a whole lot. I love the photos of those drinks as well. That salmon also looks so good. I would definitely eat there.

July 3, 2017 at 12:00 pm Reply
  • Jenn @ EngineerMommy

I would love to try this place. We love to eat out as a family and this sounds like a wonderful destination. Im always looking for places that offer kid-friendly food.

July 3, 2017 at 1:55 pm Reply
  • Echo

I wanted to eat at a Cheddar’s in Florida, but we never made it. Now, I am drooling up here where there are no Cheddar’s!

July 3, 2017 at 1:58 pm Reply
  • Jaime Nicole

I’ve never been to a Cheddars before but it looks fantastic! My girls would go crazy for that ice cream sundae!

July 3, 2017 at 5:10 pm Reply
  • Jocelyn

I haven’t been to a Chedder’s in years! There was one where I went to college and I actually miss it now.

July 3, 2017 at 5:19 pm Reply
  • Rebecca Swenor

The food looks amazing here and I would love to try their foods. I have to admit the monster cookie at Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen sounds so good. Thanks for sharing this awesome place to take the kids to eat this summer.

July 3, 2017 at 5:32 pm Reply
  • Jenny

I haven’t heard of this place since there isn’t one near me, but it looks and sounds good!

July 7, 2017 at 12:05 am Reply