My thirties have been my very favorite decade so far. I became a mama for the first time shortly before I turned thirty. I became a two time mama in my early thirties and now that I’m in my mid thirties, living a full life with the love of my life and our precious cherubs, I can’t think of anywhere else I’d rather be…Thanks to Wendy’s®, I’ll be talking about life as a grown up today.
That being said, I do get nostalgic about my childhood from time to time and I’m often reminded of how magical those times were when I come across something I enjoyed as a kiddo. I’m also reminded of just how much of a grown-up I am when I I have the urge to put a grown-up spin on some of these childhood favorites!
So, here are 10 ways you know you’re a grown up:
1. Dark chocolate is your jam, while milk chocolate is just too sweet. (Have you ever made s’mores with dark chocolate?!?)
2. You find yourself trying to explain how amazing the Brat Pack was to a teenager who said…”What’s the Brat Pack?” (Not what honey…WHO!)
3. You’re playing an old favorite card game like Old Maid with your kids and find yourself saying, “Mommy used to play this when she was little.” (Wait, I’m a MOM? When did that happen?)
4. A DVR marathon sounds like a much better way to spend a Saturday night than going clubbing. (You can’t wear yoga pants to a club.)
5. A plain old chicken sandwich won’t do. You prefer a sophisticated take on the chicken sandwich like Wendy’s® Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche. Think rich Gouda cheese, sweet carmelized onions and a toasted Brioche bun. (Apple slices really bring out the Gouda’s delicious flavor!)
6. You love bubbles way more than you did as a kid because watching the way your own kids delight over them is so amazing! (Full disclosure, I do tap out at about thirty minutes of bubble play. My kids could blow them for HOURS. Mama needs a cocktail after that. Haha!)
7. You can’t get enough of your favorite coming of age movies and tv shows…And they instantly bring you back to a similar time in your life. (Hello St. Elmo’s Fire and Felicity. Why didn’t I appreciate how incredible college was when I was there?)
8. You eat raw fish. (Enough said.)
9. Your love for sparkly princess shoes have been replaced by red soled heels. (Ok, those are princess shoes too.)
10. You let your baby girl play with the doll you swore you would never let anyone touch. (I’m powerless against those big green eyes of hers! Just sayin’.)
So, what made you realize YOU are a grown up? Does anything on my list apply to you? Inquiring minds want to know! By the way…that Wendy’s® Smoked Gouda Chicken I was raving about is only available for a limited time.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wendy’s®