Happy game day Saturday! I hope you’re all geared up for a day filled with cheering on your favorite team! We certainly are! GO GATORS, but I digress. We’re back with another game day ready recipe. These Salted Caramel Football Krispies are sure to impress your tailgate crew! I mean…who doesn’t like salted caramel or krispie treats for that matter? Yum!
SALTED CARAMEL FOOTBALL KRISPIES
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
Two 10 oz. bags of mini marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
12 oz bag of caramels
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
Wilton white icing tube
1. Spray a 9 x 9 pan with Pam and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows, stirring constantly until melted.
4. Once the marshmallows are melted, remove Sent from my iPhone
5. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the cereal mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly and evenly.
6. Allow the Rice Krispies to cool in the pan completely.
7. Once cooled, use a football-shaped cookie cutter to cut out football shapes.
8. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Place the footballs on the lined baking sheet and prepare salted caramel sauce.
9. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the caramels, butter and milk. Stir occasionally until melted.
13. With a Wilson white icing tube, pipe the laces of each football krispie.
14. Let set for 5-10 minutes.