Ask anyone who knows us and they’ll tell you we’re a football family. The hubs and I are both University of Florida alumni, so we’re obviously all over college football and, frankly, that’s where most of my interest in the sport lies. I follow our local team because I’m proud of my city, but there is only one time of the year when I don’t miss an NFL game…and that’s when the Big Game rolls around. Sure, watching the actual game is fun, but for me, the real action is in the tailgating. Who cares if we’re tailgating from the couch? Haha! Any excuse to bust out tailgating fare is A-ok by me!
So, I thought I would share one of my family’s favorite game day appetizers…It’s a fun take on traditional potato skins using oh so tasty Naturally Fresh Classic Ranch dressing, made with Naturally Fresh’s® own buttermilk, as the topper. Anyone can use sour cream…Why not switch things up a bit? And with the Naturally Fresh line being free of artificial flavors, colors and preservatives, you can feel good about serving it to your guests! No MSG in sight. This girl can get behind that!
Ingredients (serves 8):
8 oblong potatoes
1/4 cup butter
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
8 slices of cooked bacon
plastic sandwich bag
2 tbs of Naturally Fresh Classic Ranch Dressing
1. Rinse and dry your potatoes (AKA footballs), poke some holes in them with a fork and bake at 400 degrees F for about an hour.
2. Let them cool a bit then cut in half (lengthwise) and scoop out the majority of the flesh.
3. Brush each potato skin with butter (front and back).
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Broil for 8 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
6. Top each potato skin with cheese and bacon.
7. Broil for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted.
8. Cut off the tip of a plastic sandwich bag, add the Naturally Fresh Classic Ranch Dressing and use it to draw the “laces” on your potato skin footballs.
So, are you ready to make your own recipe with delicious Naturally Fresh dressing? You’re in luck! We’re giving away a set of free Naturally Fresh® dressings (4 coupons) to one lucky winner. Good luck! And make sure you connect with Naturally Fresh on Facebook for fabulous recipes and more.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.