In my never ending pursuit of spring, I have found myself turning to spring inspired recipes as well as pouring over spring fashion finds. Even if it hasn’t quite warmed up yet, I will make feel like it has in my house by surrounding myself with things that remind me of spring. Case in point…lemon cookies. For some reason, I always wait until spring to bring out my favorite lemon recipes. Do you think I made my mama’s world famous lemon lush cake this winter? No way! But you can bet, it will be hitting my family’s table in the very near future. In the meantime, these lemon cookies will do the trick!
1 box Lemon cake mix (it’s ok to use the kind with pudding in it)
2 T all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup pastel chocolate chips
Optional- juice from one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl add the cake mix, flour, baking powder. Mix until combined.
4. Add the eggs and oil and mix until well incorporated. The dough will be stiff.
5. Fold in the white and pastel chocolate chips.
6. Optional: add the juice of one lemon
7. Drop by tablespoons onto the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes. (If you bake longer, the white chips will turn brown).
9. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
And for more lemon inspiration, check out that lemon lush cake I mentioned!