Happy Dr. Seuss Day! I’m back with another Dr. Seuss influenced treat in honor of this special day…Put Me in the Zoo themed snack mix. Put Me in the Zoo has always been my favorite Dr. Seuss story and I’m happy to say that my little ones love it just as much! So, they obviously appreciate this tasty, colorful and oh so cute snack mix.
It’s the perfect thing to nosh on while reading their much beloved Dr. Seuss books. The books have been such a great learning tool for our early reader and his sister loves it when he reads them to her too! And mama loves being able to incorporate fun surprises, like this snack mix, into our at home learning!
Wilton chocolate candy melts in various colors…I used red, blue, green, yellow and purple.
1. Place eight waffle pretzels on a microwave safe plate.
1. Add a Wilton chocolate red candy melt to the middle of each pretzel.
3. Microwave for 45 seconds or until the candy melts begins to soften.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for each color candy melt.
4. Let the candy pretzels cool off for five minutes before enjoying.
And for more Dr. Seuss fun, check out our Cat in the Hat Inspired Cupcakes!