Now that the kids are back at school, I’m busier than ever. True, there’s more structure than there was during our laid back summer, but between having two kids at two different schools, dance lessons and baseball starting soon, I’m tired just thinking about my fall schedule. I also need to somehow find the energy to squeeze in work, quality time with my family and get togethers with friends. Plus, although it’s back to school time, it’s still as hot as Hades around here so the kids expect a peppy mama during pool time. Le sigh.
Being that I’m not inclined to give any of those things up, I need to make sure I’m good and energized! So, I thought I would share a few of my favorite tips for how moms can keep their energy up. I know I’m no the only one who’s busier than busy! To be fair…I’m not reinventing the wheel here, but sometimes it can be good to be reminded how much of a difference just a few simple steps can make in how you feel!
1. Don’t skip those workouts…I know it’s tough to get out there and be active when your calendar is jam packed, but trust me, you’ll have SO much more energy if you log in regular workouts!
2. Try to get a decent amount of sleep…I am the WORST at this. I tend to work a lot at night and I’ve really had to make a conscious effort to turn off the laptop by a certain hour so my brain has time to unwind.
3. Stay hydrated…I drink water all day long. I really notice a difference in my energy level if I’m not properly hydrated. I’ve shared this tip a thousand times it’s that important!
4. Relax…If you go go go too much you’re going to burn out very fast. Take some time to take a yoga class, get a massage, take a bubble bath, you name it. Whatever relaxing looks like to you…do it!
5. Keep pick me up beverages on hand…I’m currently loving Starbucks Refreshers. I can turn to a refreshing can of this energizing drink when I need a pick me up. I pour a can over ice in my favorite tumbler and hit the road.
Disclosure: This post is not sponsored. We did receive samples.