The big day is almost here! Can you believe it? Why does the holiday season have to go by SO fast? Mama still has lots of holiday to dos on her list and baking some more holiday goodies is one of them! Just in case you too haven’t gotten all the baking out of your system or you need a sweet treat to take to your family’s celebration this weekend, we’re sharing a super cute idea! Behold…Gingerbread Oreo Cookies!
Yields 1 dozen
12 regular Oreo cookies
1 cup Wilton light cocoa melts
Wilton candy decorator pens (or icing tubes) in white, red and blue
12 blue and 12 white candy sprinkles or smarties candies
Wilton snowflake sprinkles
12 Wilton red Christmas confetti
Wilton pink pearls
Wilton candy bows
1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium microwave safe bowl, microwave the light cocoa candy melts for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second increments until melted and smooth.
3. Place 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate into the bottom of each cookie mold. Place the Oreo cookies on top of the melted chocolate.
4. Spoon additional melted chocolate on top of the Oreo cookies, up to the top of each mold.
5. Chill for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
6. Once chilled, remove the cookie molds from the refrigerator. Gently pop the Oreo cookies out of their molds and place on the lined baking sheet.
8. Using the white candy decorator pen, pipe white icing around the diameter of some of the cookies. You can mix it up by piping hair on some others (either fill the hair in completely or you can pipe curly-q lines) or just pipe short white lines around the diameter (like laces). Be creative!
9. For the eyes, you can use blue or white sprinkle candies that can be found at any craft store. As an alternative, smarties candies would work great too! Dab a small amount of icing on the back and place on each cookie.
10. For the nose, apply a small amount of icing to the back of red Christmas confetti or pink pearls and place on each cookie.
11. With the white candy pen, pipe a smile on each gingerbread face. Place a snowflake sprinkle or pink pearl on both corners of each smile.
12. For the girl gingerbread, pipe a bow at the top with red icing or you can apply icing to the back of a Wilton sugar bow.
13. For the boy gingerbread, pipe a bow tie at the bottom of the cookie with your red or blue icing pen.
This is not a sponsored post.