Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pampers and Luvs at Sam’s Club. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s baby season!! I know that might seem funny to say when we all have fall pumpkins and boots on the brain but I swear it’s true! According to the experts, an average of 12,250 babies are born each day during the summer and early fall. That’s ONE THOUSAND more babies a day than the rest of the year! My head is spinning just thinking of all those baby showers!
As you might remember, we’re huge fans of Pampers and there is no better place to stock up for baby shower season than at Sam’s Club. Right now Sam’s Club is offering $10 off the purchase of two Pampers or Luvs diapers or wipes items, or $18 off the purchase of three items. Plus free shopping or Club Pickup (where available)! This offer is good through August 22nd so there’s no better time to get yourself stocked up for diaper shower gifts, supplies for pretty diaper cakes or even yourself if you have a little one in diapers (Max, I’m looking at you kid – ha!)
While I do stock up for Max in a whopping size 5, for my friends who are expecting there is no better gift than my most trusted diaper in a size 1. The size 1’s also work great for making diaper cakes that wow at showers and serve as a wonderful gift.
I thought I’d show you how to make a diaper cake. You know that if little ol’ me can make a pretty diaper cake, then anyone can. For today’s theme I went with a nautical vibe, after all I live in Annapolis. But you can easily alter this to any theme with different ribbon and accents.
How to Make A Pampers Diaper Cake
Diaper Cake Prep
- Purchase a box of size 1 Pampers or Luvs diapers. This cake will take approximately 64 diapers.
- Set aside a paper towel tube to use. Head to your craft store and buy two spools of complimentary ribbon 1 ½ inches wide, rubber bands, pins, accents such as the shells, a signature accent to use as the topper (I recommend a large letter or item like this lighthouse which is actually a 3D sticker I found in the scrapbooking aisle), and a glue gun.
- If you are displaying at a shower, use a wide cake plate, otherwise grab some tulle and a ribbon to help you package it up as a gift.
- Now you’re ready to get started. First roll your diapers and place a rubber band approx. 1/3 of the way to keep it in a roll. I like rolling the diapers from the top inward so that you get a nice edge.
- Next, surround the paper towel tube with rolled diapers. Then, take a larger rubber band and place it around all of the diapers and the tube. This will help give you a firm base and is easiest with a second set of hands.
- Then create two more circles of diapers around the first so that there are three rings of diapers. Using one large piece of ribbon, snugly wrap the outer layer with ribbon and then pin it into the back of the diaper cake. Layer with the second ribbon for effect and pin into place.
- Repeat the same process with fewer rings of diapers for the second and third layers. Now you should have a three-layer diaper cake.
- Using the glue gun, add the accents placed as desired and insert the topper.
Now that we all know it’s baby season and know how to make a diaper cake, it’s time to stock up!
Remember, between now and 8/22 get an instant savings of $10 when you buy two Pampers or Luvs diapers or wipes items or $18 when you buy three at Sam’s Club or SamsClub.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pampers and Luvs at Sam’s Club. The opinions and text are all mine.