You may have noticed that we have been on a bit of a Valentine’s Day coverage kick lately. Yesterday we shared our tips for What to Wear for a Valentine’s Day photo shoot and today, it’s all about the sweets… And I’m talking about a Valentine’s Day ready chocolate dipped strawberries recipe to be exact! This easy to make recipe would make a perfect treat to serve to your loved ones on heart day…or any day really. I know my hubs would certainly appreciate them! We typically stay in on Valentine’s Day to avoid the crowds and, instead, have our own little celebration after the kiddos go to bed! These strawberries and a good bottle of wine are sounding like an awfully good plan…
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe
Yields: 1 dozen
1 dozen strawberries
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or Wilton dark cocoa melts
1/4 cup Wilton bright white chocolate melts
1/4 cup bright pink chocolate melts
1/4 cup pink chocolate melts
1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Rinse strawberries and dry completely. Place in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
2. In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the semi-sweet chocolate chips for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
3. Dip 3 strawberries into the melted chocolate, covering completely except for the stem. Place on the lined baking sheet. Before the chocolate hardens, add sprinkles, if desired. Set aside any remaining melted chocolate for later use.
4. In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
5. Dip 3 strawberries into the melted white chocolate and place on the baking sheet. Add sprinkles, if desired. Drizzle with remaining semi sweet chocolate, if desired. Set aside any remaining white chocolate for later use.
6. In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the bright pink chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
7. Dip three strawberries into the melted bright pink chocolate and place on the baking sheet. Decorate the strawberries with chocolate or white chocolate drizzle and sprinkles. Set aside the leftover melted bright pink chocolate for later.
8. In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the pink chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Stir until melted.
9. Dip the remaining strawberries into the melted pink chocolate and place on the baking sheet. Decorate the strawberries with semi sweet, white or bright pink chocolate drizzle and sprinkles.
10. Place the chocolate coated strawberries in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the chocolates to harden.
11. Store in an airtight container, in a single layer, in the refrigerator up to 3 days until ready to serve.
For more Valentine’s Day sweets ideas, check out our conversation heart krispies and conversation heart brownies! One bag of conversation heart candies should cover both. Bwah! I mean, I can’t be the only mama who’s making treats for more than one classroom this year right?
This is not a sponsored post.