Read on to see how to make my new favorite fall cookies, spiced apple pie cookies to be exact!
‘Tis the season for apple pie ANYTHING wouldn’t you agree? This has certainly been a year unlike any other I have personally experienced, but I am determined to get in as much festive fall fun as I possibly can.
That means I’m baking and baking a LOT! Nothing makes me feel more in tune with my favorite seasons like baking my favorite seasonal recipes.
And while pumpkin recipes have definitely been on repeat in my house the past couple of months, apple recipes are just as high on my family’s “please make this” list.
Cookies have been particularly popular. We usually wait for the holiday season to do the bulk of our cookie baking, but this year waiting just didn’t feel right.
So, I’ve been gathering as many tasty fall cookie recipes as I possibly could! And this one is particularly special…
Of course, I’m a sucker for anything spiced. It evokes such a cozy feeling! And as I have been living in athleisure and slippers since March, clearly I dig the cozy vibe. Bwah!
Spiced Cookies with Spiced Glaze
You will find the exact measurements in the recipe card below, but here is what you will need to make these fall-ready spiced apple pie cookies. Not only are these spiced cookies delicious, but the spiced glaze is out of this world too!
Ingredients you will need to make these spiced apple pie cookies:
apple pie spice
How to Use Spiced Glaze
You’ll need to have these ingredients on hand as well. This glaze would be delicious as a seasonal update to your classic scone recipe too, but I digress…
apple pie spice
What to Serve with Apple Pie Cookies
Now I know you’re ready to make this tasty spiced apple pie cookies recipe, but what should you serve with them?
Why not go all in with your apple theme and whip up our Irish apple pie shooters to enjoy with your honey after the kids go to bed? That’s my kinda happy hour, haha!
Are apple pie cookies chewy?
These cookies have a good amount of crunch, so if you’re looking for squishy, you won’t get that texture here. That being said, the aren’t TOO crunchy. I know you know what I’m talking about!
Now, remember, this recipe makes about 24 cookies! That means you’ll have enough to give a plate to your neighbors too. Now is a time that everyone could use a sweet pick-me-up!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- For glaze:
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 ½ tbsp apple cider
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, apple pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Gradually add in all the dry ingredients until combined with the wet ingredients.
6. Use a small ice cream scooper to scoop some dough into your hand and roll into a ball.
7. Place the powdered sugar into a bowl and roll the cookie dough ball in the powdered sugar.
8. Place the balls on the cookie sheet.
9. Repeat the process until all cookie dough is rolled.
10. Bake in the oven for 8 -10 minutes.
11. Allow to cool
Spiced Glaze :
1. Ina medium bowl, whisk together the apple pie spice, apple cider and powdered sugar.
2. Pour the mixture in a squeeze bottle.
3. Place the cookies on a wire rack.
4. Drizzle the glaze over the cookies and allow them to set before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
More Sweet Fall Recipes
In case this spiced cookies recipe doesn’t totally satisfy your sweet tooth and you want to keep baking…I have some more apple recipes for you to try below!
As excited as I am to welcome the holiday season, I don’t want to let go of fall quite yet! It is still here my friends! Let’s enjoy it!
You may also like:
- apple bread with a crumble topping
- salted caramel apple bars
- easy apple tart
- apple pie cinnamon rolls
This is not a sponsored post.