How Where You Live Could Affect Your Skin

roc skincare

If you’ve been around these parts a time or two, you probably know that I live in Tampa, Florida, while Megan works in DC and makes her home in Annapolis. You might think based on that limited amount of information that my skin would be at a higher risk for wrinkles simply due to the fact that the sun is so much more intense where I live. Would you believe that’s not actually the case? RoC® skincare conducted a study on the most wrinkle prone cities in the United States and, surprisingly, no Florida cities are in the top ten. In fact, the DC area lands at #7, while Tampa is at #22. So, how did they come to this conclusion?

wrinkle study

The wrinkle rankings are based on a variety of risk factors like the extreme urban environments in big cities. Those environments tend to come with things like more congested commuting and lower air quality. So, while getting outside and running, for example, is great for your health, if you live in a big city, it could be putting you at risk for wrinkles making a good anti-aging skincare routine even more important.

deep wrinkle serum

Now, as I said, Tampa isn’t in the top ten for wrinkle prone cities, but it still comes in at a high enough number that I’m taking extra precautions. While I’ve absolutely loved my thirties, I’d prefer it if my skin looked more like I was in my twenties, haha, and that’s why RoC® skincare products are a vital part of my skincare regimen. Thanks to my go-tos, like the RoC® Retinol Corexxion® Deep Wrinkle Serum, which helps reduce both fine lines and deeper wrinkles, I can face the day with confidence and rock all that fabulous fall fashion I’m such a fan of.

coordinates collection bracelet

fall accessory

In fact, I have a new favorite fall accessory…This Coordinates Collection bracelet is not only gorgeous, but has sentimental value too. I’m a proud Tampanian and love being able to wear my city’s coordinates. Even though living in the sunshine state puts my skin at a higher risk for wrinkles than many parts of the country, I’m a Florida girl through and through. So, if that means I have to be diligent about sun protection and use anti-aging products to keep my skin looking it’s best, I’m totally cool with that.

skin study

In case you want to delve deeper, here’s a list of the top 10 wrinkle prone cities. For even more details on the wrinkle study and to see your city’s position…head HERE.

1. Philadelphia, PA
6. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
2. Denver-Aurora, CO
7. Washington, DC-Arlington-Alexandria, VA
3. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA
8. New York, NY
4. Chicago-Naperville-Arlington Heights, IL
9. Warren, MI
5. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
10. Edison, NJ

Now that you’ve seen what I’ve been loving lately, head over to our Monday Mingle partners in crime, Momtrends and Oh to Be a Muse, to see what they’ve been up to! But before you go, add your own style post to our link up below!

monday mingle

Images via Marissa Stratton Photography

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.

• Oh to Be a Muse

I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale and it’s #43. Now I live in San Jose and it’s #50! 🙂

October 10, 2016 at 11:48 am Reply
  • Heather Lawrence

Now isn’t that interesting!
    I would love to see what they say about where I live.
    We get dry hot summers and bitterly cold winters. I find that when I am in Hawaii or someplace tropical my skin feels amazing. Anywhere else I am slapping on the moisturizer.

October 10, 2016 at 12:11 pm Reply
  • maria @ close to home

This is so true for your hair as well. I used to have stick straight hair then I moved ot the south.

October 10, 2016 at 1:08 pm Reply
  • Pamela Lutrell

Thanks for the link up…happy to share a little grandmother style!

October 10, 2016 at 1:52 pm Reply
  • Nicole Feliciano

Eeek! I’m living in #8.

October 10, 2016 at 2:10 pm Reply
  • Alicia Taylor

Humidity also plays a huge factor in skin wrinkling. I know when I lived in Minnesota where the air is so dry I had regular nosebleeds, I looked 10 years older than I do now. It was… you guessed it… Minneapolis. Even when I vacationed to Florida for just a week, my skin improved. Now, I am back home in the panhandle. My city didn’t even make the list. Granted, it’s not an urban environment here. ROC is a great product and I loved this chart! Cool

October 10, 2016 at 4:26 pm Reply
  • jodie filogomo

Totally interesting—and I live in one of those cities!!
    jodie

October 10, 2016 at 7:30 pm Reply
  • Nikki

My mom always swore by ROC. I haven’t tried it, but I might!

October 10, 2016 at 7:59 pm Reply
  • Shea Sayers

This was so fascinating because the top cities weren’t at all what I thought they’d be. I’m good about wearing SPF on my face but would like to do better about wearing it on the rest of my skin and having a better anti-aging regimen!

October 10, 2016 at 8:43 pm Reply
  • Dawn Nieves

This is so interesting. I live outside Philadelphia which is #1! Definitely not happy about that, but I’m happy for happy products like RoC. I use them all the time and love them.

October 10, 2016 at 8:44 pm Reply
  • Ashley @irishred02

Oh no DC is on your list. I try to take great care of my skin but I am always looking for products that are better than what I have. I will have to check out the ROC line.

October 10, 2016 at 8:56 pm Reply
  • Laura Funk

I am not to far from Aurora and I can definitely tell you that our weather and climate does a doozy on our skin. Need to check this out

October 10, 2016 at 9:04 pm Reply
  • Claudia Krusch

This is so true for your hair as well. My hair had so much volume when I lived in Brazil! the water and weather play a huge part on it!

October 11, 2016 at 10:48 am Reply