I’ve always wanted to go to Mardi Gras. New Orleans is so rich in history and culture and I think it would be such a blast to experience something like Mardi Gras that is such an iconic tradition. Until I plan that trip, however, I’ll settle for celebrating it at home.
This fun Mardi Gras Muddy Buddies Snack Mix is a perfect way to get into the Mardi Gras spirit! That whole bunch beads of course…We have something called Gasparilla here in Tampa and beads are a big time part of the parade, so I have a large and in charge collection of them.
4 cups Chocolate Rice Chex
5 cups Muddy Buddies (recipe below)
1/2 cup purple and green M&M’s
16 Pretzel squares
8 Wilton purple chocolate melts
8 Wilton lime green chocolate melts
Chocolate sunflower seeds -purple green and yellow
Mini BreadSticks (the kind that comes with Nutella)
Ingredients for Homemade Muddy Buddies:
9 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) – room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Set aside.
2. Place 8 pretzel squares on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 20 seconds to warm the pretzels.
3. Place the 8 purple melts in the middle of each warm pretzel and microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds until the chocolate melt is soft.
4. Let cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 using the green chocolate melts.
6. In a large mixing bowl, add the chocolate Chex cereal, muddy buddies recipe below), purple and green pretzels and Nutella sticks. Toss to mix.
7. Sprinkle the M&M’s and sunflower seeds on top.