There is nothing my baby girl likes more than a little arts and crafts action. She is such a creative soul, so I’m all for encouraging her artistic growth. And being that we have loads of broken crayons around the house, it made total sense to make something with them. These DIY rainbow crayons were just the ticket!
Crayola crayons (64 pack has great pastels)
Flower shaped silicone mold
You will also need-
*supervise children while using
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. (Parent step)To remove the wrappers from your crayons, carefully score the crayon wrapper with a knife from top to bottom and the wrapper should slide right off (some you will have to use your nails and peel off)
3. Break your crayons in small pieces
4. Place your broken crayons inside the molds
5. Put your molds in the oven, cook for about 8 minutes
6. Carefully take your tray out of the oven with oven mits and set on a flat surface until they start to slightly harden then transfer to the freezer for around 20 minutes
7. Carefully remove the crayons from your molds by press up on the bottoms and they are ready to use!
Don’t our DIY rainbow crayons look like fun? And for more kids crafts inspiration, check out our krispie bird nest treats! Or are we the only ones we have moved on to Easter crafts? As soon as Valentine’s Day was over…it was on. Haha!