Happy Game Day Saturday! We’re s o excited to be kicking off a new feature for the fall season…Game Day Saturday! Being that both of us went to the University Florida, we’re not only BIG Gator fans, but big fans of college football in general. Go SEC! So, each week we’ll be sharing a game day ready outfit, tailgate recipe etc. I know we’re not the only ones who live for Saturday once September hits! Am I right lovelies?
First up, we have a tasty appetizer recipe that would be perfect for any game day celebration. How do Potato Bites sound? Mmmmmmm!
12 small red potatoes, unpeeled
1 T olive or vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 c chive and onion cream cheese, room temperature
4 T sour cream
Your choice of toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, chives, green onions, bacon bits
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Wash potatoes and slice in half
3. Then slice a small portion off of the bottom of the halved potato (so it will stand upright and not roll on the baking sheet)
4. With a spoon, scoop out a small portion of the potato where the filling will sit
5. Toss potatoes in a bowl with oil and salt and pepper
6. Place hallowed side down in a glass baking dish (can use baking sheet, I’ve just had better luck with glass)
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown
8. Remove from oven and let them cool slightly
9. Combine room temp cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl and whisk until smooth
10. With a spoon, fill the potatoes with a heaping spoonful of the cream cheese and sour cream mix
11. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
12. Serve slightly warm
So, what team are you rooting for on game day lovelies? I just have two words for you…GO GATORS!