Read on to find out how to make your new favorite Thanksgiving pie, simple bourbon apple pie! Yum!
Guess what? It’s my birthday month! I have always loved November, not just because I can say, “but it’s my birthday month,” to the hubs a million and one times, bwah! I also love it because it contains one of my very favorite holidays!
If you pay any attention to my Facebook page, you know that I’m ready to start celebrating Christmas by October. Haha! But that doesn’t mean I don’t live for turkey day too.
I am happy to set aside my Christmas palooza every fourth Thursday in November so I can count my blessings with my family and go to town on my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes and desserts.
Although, to be fair we always watch Home Alone in the evening on Thanksgiving, so I guess I don’t fully give up my Christmas all day every day attitude. Haha!
Now, speaking of Thanksgiving desserts, what is the first thing you think of in regards to that subject. It’s pie right? How can we have Thanksgiving without pie?
I have a new Thanksgiving pie recipe that you’re going to want to try. I promise! Say hello to the best simple bourbon apple pie recipe ever!
What do you need to make an easy apple pie for Thanksgiving?
You will find the exact measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post, but here are all the ingredients you will need to make this simple bourbon apple pie!
peeled, chopped apples
unsalted butter, cubed
pre-made pie crust
What do you serve with Thanksgiving apple pie?
Now, obviously you serve this simple bourbon apple pie with whipped cream, I prefer to make my own if I have the time, and/or vanilla ice cream. But what about the drinks?
Thanksgiving dessert deserves an after dinner cocktail in my book! And you know which fall drink would be perfect? How about our apple pie shooters? Why not go all in with your apple pie flavors?
If that’s too much for you, however, Irish Coffee would be downright delicious with your Thanksgiving apple pie too! Nothing beats the classic coffee and pie pairing. Nothing!
Pie has always been one of my favorite desserts, but I especially love it at Thanksgiving. I’m all for serving a few different kinds of pie so everyone can have their favorite.
And if you’re anything like me, you have more than one favorite kind of pie. Haha! On that note, check out the recipe card below to see exactly how to make today’s simple apple pie recipe…
- 5 cups peeled, chopped apple
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ C sparkling sugar
- 2 pre-made pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9 inch deep pie dish with baking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt ,and bourbon.
3. Unroll one of the pie crusts and place into the 9in deep pie pan.
4. Pour the apple mixture into the pie crust.
5. Place the butter over the apple mixture.
6. Place the other pie crust on top of the apple mixture.
7. Pinch the edges together using your fingers or a fork.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
9. Using a sauce brush, brush the top of the pie crust with the egg mixture.
10. Sprinkle the sparkling sugar on top of the crust.
11. Cut 4 slits into the top of the crust to make for air vents.
12. Place pie onto a cookie sheet.
13. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 450 and then bring the oven temperature down to 350 degrees.
14. Continue baking for 30-45 minutes or until the top of the pie crust is a beautiful golden brown.
15. Remove the pie from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream and/or fresh whipped cream!
More Easy Apple Desserts
Now that you know how to make this simple bourbon apple pie recipe, would you like to see some more of my favorite apple recipes?
I included some great apple desserts below so you’ll have plenty of options when it comes time to plan out your Thanksgiving menu! Happy baking!
You may also like:
This is not a sponsored post.