With spring on the horizon but not quite here, we needed a little pick me up. It’s been a long winter and nothing cheers us up quite like chocolate. Haha! We aren’t the only ones who get a hankering for chocolate every now and again day right? Oh good. So, have you ever tried your hand at making your own dressed up chocolates?
We’ve shared plenty of our other favorite vice…cocktails, but now that we’ve seen how simple it can be to make our own chocolates, you just may see more of those recipes too. I mean you can’t go wrong with sips and sweets! Am I right?
Time: 2 hours
1 cup Wilton Black Candy Melts
2 tbsp. Crushed Walnuts
Gold Sugar Sprinkles
Dark Chocolate Bar Tools
Wilton 11-Cavity Candy Mold
1. A Wilton Candy Melt Pot is recommended to heat candy melts. If you do not own a candy melt pot simply microwave candy melts at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15-second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Do not over heat.
2. Pour black candy melts into mold, filling each cavity only halfway. Place in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Remove mold from freezer. Add crushed walnuts to each cavity.
4. Cover each cavity with black candy melts – fill to the top. Place in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove mold from freezer. Gently pop candies from mold and onto a flat surface.
6. Break dark chocolate bar into small, angular pieces.
7. Drizzle a small amount of black candy melts onto the top of each candy. Stick a piece of dark chocolate bar on top. Sprinkle gold sugar sprinkles onto candy melt, allowing to stick and settle. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from freezer and serve.
And for more chocolate filled inspiration, check out our Oreo Cheesecake Bites!