In addition to all the usual tempting holiday cookies and treats, this year my Mom and I decided to make a pecan chocolate biscotti recipe to enjoy with our morning cup of coffee. Thankfully she is here for a few weeks over the holidays, helping as we adjust into sleepless nights with Jake.
The Perfect Coffee Treat
This pecan chocolate biscotti recipe that we (mostly she) doctored up was pretty easy and the pay-off was great. It’s now my vote for the best biscotti recipe! We have been loving this cookie and even finding ways to sneak one again later in the day! It’s pretty enough to wrap up and give as gifts! But it’s also the perfect snack to pair with a nice cup of coffee!
Pecan Chocolate Biscotti Recipe:
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 1/3 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped (or any other nut such as hazelnuts)
Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Position two racks near the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, using the paddle attachment beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar, until blended (about 1 minute). Beat in the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla and almond extracts. At low speed add in flour mixture until blended. Add pecans and mix until combined.
- Place dough onto floured work surface and divide in half. The dough will be sticky. Shape each piece into a 12-inch log and transfer onto baking sheets. Flatten the logs slightly until they are about 2 inches wide. Brush each log slightly with water and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and reduce oven to 300 degrees.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the logs onto the diagonal into ½ inch slices. Arrange cut side down and ½ inch apart on baking sheets. Bake for an additional 18-22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- For an extra kick, dip the ends of cooled biscotti into melted chocolate (I just buy the microwavable Baker’s dipping chocolate) and refrigerate for a few minutes to allow to harden.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
All that’s left is to enjoy the best biscotti recipe ever!
As you can see, this is a bit more complicated than a simple sugar cookie, but the results are amazing. We love the combination of flavors in this pecan chocolate biscotti. It is ideal for serving when you have guests arriving. Biscotti is the best dipping cookie around and you can make them ahead of time. Pair a plate of biscotti with a nice dark roast coffee or hot chocolate. I’ve even seen people dip the end without chocolate into their favorite hot tea or warm milk!
This pecan chocolate biscotti recipe is ideal for making as a great gift year round. Simply add to a gift tin with a notecard and deliver to your friends, family, and neighbors! It’s even better if you include a gift of gourmet coffee, teas, or hot cocoa!
This is not a sponsored post.