Looking for a keto friendly dinner idea? Better yet, do you need quick and easy dinner ideas? You can check all the boxes with our 15 minute grilled salmon salad! Read on to see how to make it!
Sometimes life is just so busy I look up at the clock, it’s 6pm and I haven’t given dinner the slightest bit of a thought. On those days I quickly try and pull it together, you know before my troops get restless and hangry.
No one wants a hangry kid…Frankly, no one wants a hangry mom either. Bwah! It typically doesn’t end well for either party involved. So, now that I’ve sent the picture, this was the situation I was in yesterday when I looked up and saw the clock.
Luckily, I had some nice salmon in the fridge, so I was able to get dinner together in a mere 15 minutes. Phew! I could save the battles for another day…or at least until bedtime. Haha!
For the adults I opted for the simple salmon salad recipe I’m sharing today. Then for the kids, I served up some of the salmon with their favorite fruit and cheese. I told you. Easy peasy was the name of the game. There were definitely no fancy sides at this meal.
This easy salmon salad is simply a good healthy meal solution in 15 minutes flat! With more planning and prep I probably would have used toasted pine nuts and some feta on this salad. So, feel free to take the technique and play around with it.
Salad making should be fun after all! So, let’s talk about how to make this particular salmon salad…
Easy Salmon Salad
2 salmon fillets (approx. 5oz each)
Salad toppings of choice (cheese, almonds, anything you have on hand and want to add!)
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat (for me that’s approx. 8 minutes)
2. While grill is heating up brush salmon with olive oil and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. I like a good amount of salt and pepper but not quite as much as I would use for a steak.
3. Prepare salad plates with greens and tomatoes.
4. Brush grates lightly with olive oil. Then place salmon slightly diagonal on grates. Cook for four minutes. Flip only once and cook for another two to four minutes or until doneness desired.
5. Place salmon on each plate and then top with additional salad toppings.
Once everything is on the table, I suggest that you pour a nice glass of chilled white wine, pat yourself on the back and enjoy! After all, you just made a super quick dinner. And, better yet, it was healthy!
- 2 salmon fillets (approx. 5oz each)
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1/2 tomatos
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 almonds
1. Heat your grill to medium-high heat (for me that’s usually approx. 8 minutes)
2. While the grill is heating up, brush the salmon with olive oil and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. I like a good amount of salt and pepper, but not quite as much as I would use for a steak for example.
3. Prepare your salad plates with the greens and chopped tomatoes, cherry tomatoes would work too.
4. Brush the grill grates lightly with olive oil. Then place salmon slightly diagonal on the grates. Cook for four minutes. Flip only once and cook for another two to four minutes or until doneness desired.
5. Place salmon on each plate and then top with additional desired salad toppings.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
And you know we aren’t stopping with our grilled salmon salad. We have a slew of tasty, easy dinner ideas for you! Figuring out simple solutions for everyday problems is this busy mom’s favorite pastime!
You may also like:
This is not a sponsored post.