Thank you Amazon for sponsoring this post. Where will adventure take you and your Kindle device this summer?
Are you looking forward to catching up on your reading this summer? Me too! So, I’m serving up some serious inspiration in the form of my summer reading spot checklist today!
My kids are officially out of school for summer and that means I’m looking forward to a much more laid back schedule. Sure, it’s going to be a bit louder around our house during the day, but I’ll take it. I need a break from all the homework, tests and after school activities as much as they do. Ask me if I’ll miss the drop off and pick up lines. The answer you’re looking for is NO! Bwah! In fact, things have been so hectic for us this last quarter, I’ve really had trouble keeping up with my leisure reading. And that’s a real shame because I have a slew of fabulous titles currently on my must read list ready just waiting to be loaded up on my Kindle!
I’ve always found that the best way to jump start my summer reading is a vacation. And, luckily, I live within driving distance of some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. So even before we head out on our annual summer trek to the Blue Ridge Mountains, we’ll get in some mini vacay time at the beach. We love sneaking away for a few days even if it’s just the next town over. It still feels like a mini vacation. And the beach just so happens to be one of my very favorite summer reading spots! If you’re heading to one yourself this summer, you’re going to want to take a look at my summer ready spot checklist! Because you don’t want to just show up at the beach with nothing but a book in your hand.
On that note, I’m sharing some must pack items to make your summer beach reading experience the best it can be!
My Favorite Summer Reading Spot Must-Haves
- Kindle – the all new refreshed design is super thin and light making it the perfect size to throw in my purse
- Sunscreen – select one that’s easy to apply
- Sun hat or umbrella – don’t rely on your sunscreen to do all the heavy lifting
- Water bottle – go for an insulated bottle to keep your beverage icy cold
- A spot away from the tourists – nothing will ruin your reading experience faster than a heavily trafficked area
Now you can pack all my summer reading must-haves here, but all will be for naught if you forget to load up your Kindle. Lugging a load of books down to the sand isn’t exactly ideal. With the latest version, you get three months of Kindle Unlimited included for free so you can take advantage of unlimited access to millions of titles. Yes, I said millions. You’ll find everything from thriller stories by Vince Flynn, to popular titles like The Selection by Kiera Cass, and even classics like The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. You can’t watch the show without reading its origin story!
Say Yes to Kindle Unlimited
* It’s important to note that after three months, Kindle Unlimited is just $9.99. I’d say that’s a downright bargain. And speaking of bargains, you can score your own Kindle for under $100! So, after you pick one up, if you don’t own one already, make sure you do a quick check before you leave your house. You should have plenty of reading material ready and waiting. Not having anything to read isn’t exactly going to vibe with the relaxing reading respite you’re going for! Just sayin’.
And you won’t have to put your Kindle down when you get back to your hotel. Thanks to the built-in adjustable front light you can comfortably read on the beach during the day and on your room’s balcony at night. Because what sounds better than quietly devouring a story after the kids go to bed. Plus, I don’t have to worry about charging my Kindle every night because it has a battery life that’s measured in weeks. Imagine drifting off to another place while listening to the waves lap the shore in the distance… Ahhh bliss! Happy reading my friends. I hope you get to your own favorite summer reading spot sooner rather than later!