Do you feel like you could use a little break? I mean, who couldn’t? It’s been a LONG winter, am I right? It’s time to treat yourself. Trust me. You’ve earned it. So let’s talk about six ways to pamper yourself shall we? Because, I don’t know about you, but after a fall and winter seemingly filled with countless to dos, this girl is ready to take it easy for a little bit. Now that doesn’t mean you have to go all out. Sometimes the smallest actions can yield big results. All you really need is a pampering moment or two to get yourself to that happy place.
And isn’t that what life is all about? What have we been doing this all for if we can’t tap into our happy place? Think of all the hard work you put in a daily basis as a deposit into your happiness bank! And I’d say it’s a about time you took a withdrawal!
1. Treat those tootsies…Us ladies can be HARD on our feet. We squeeze them into sky high heels and then wonder why they hurt. Haha! Well, thanks to Earth Shoes we can still get some height, we don’t have to sacrifice style and we can feel supreme comfort! Just take a look at my Oak Chestnut comfortable shoes. That touch of platform makes all the difference. At Earth Shoes, they design footwear that focuses on mindfulness AND they’re eco friendly too. Score! Constructed from materials like water-based adhesives, vegetable tanned leathers and glue-free, staple free, packaging, you know you’re going to leave less of a footprint behind than you typically would when you slip on a pair of shoes!
2. Rock some arm candy…I know you love to accessorize as much as I do right? Well, get ready to dress up your wrist with a ladies watch that’s a real blast from the past. The oh so nostalgic Casio G-Shock watch is back and better than ever! With the S series GMAS120MF-2A2, you can count on a cool, unisex feel, as well as stylish colors like matte navy and a smaller face. The rose gold metallic mirrored face makes it feel like the ultimate indulgence! And features like 200M water resistance, an auto LED light, 4 daily alarms, 1/100th second stopwatch, and a countdown timer don’t hurt either.
Book Club Ready
3. Let Harlequin take you away…Remember reading those countless romance novels when you were a teenager? Or was that just me, haha?! Well, you don’t have to give up that blissful feeling they used to give you because you’re all grown up. If you love to read, you can count on Harlequin to deliver in not only the romance department, but thrillers, historical fiction, literary reads and more incredible books for women! A title I recommend is THE LADY FROM THE BLACK LAGOON by Mallory O’Meara, which covers the life and work of one of Disney’s first female animators. She actually designed the monster in the Creature from the Black Lagoon, but a male colleague stole her work! This one has book club written all over it people.
* Giveaway alert…Visit StrongWomenreads.com and tell them who the strongest woman is in your life. They can be real or fictional! You’ll be entered to win a #StrongWomenRead Prize pack which includes a scarf, a sleep mask reading socks, a cosmetic bag, a pen and six fabulous new books, because strong women need to be pampered too! We tend to forget about ourselves when we’re focusing on everyone else. This pampering prize pack puts the focus back on us!
Not Your Typical Pampering
4. Sip on a craft cocktail…It’s time to elevate your bar supplies. Instead of pouring a glass of the same old wine for your tv binge sesh, give ROOT Crafted Cocktail Mixers a try! Two creative moms drummed up this concept. The organic, all natural ingredients make the perfect partner for your favorite spirit! Seriously, whipping up handcrafted, artisanal cocktails has never been easier. With one 16 ounce bottle , like The Lemongrass, you can make 8-16 drinks! And all you have to do is use 2 parts ROOT for 1 part spirit. Imagine a decadent blend of the refreshing flavor of Lemongrass’ and elderflower simple syrup, finished with a touch of fresh lemon. Mmmmm!
5. Get a massage…This is a no brainer. Massages equal relaxation, plain and simple! And if you head to your local Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa, you’ll not only find a nice Swedish massage, the most common kind of massage, but you’ll also find convenience. Their massage therapists will even tailor the pressure according to your needs. And, no you aren’t too busy to book an appointment. They can accommodate you seven days a week, plus they have extended hours! And we can even keep going with the pampering by booking a facial or hair removal treatment. Make sure you ask about their introductory offer which should be $49 or $59 depending on your location!
Save Your Skin
6. Take care of your skin…Washing our face is something we do every day, but that doesn’t mean an every day experience can’t be special. Knours clean beauty products are natural, cruelty-free and EWG Verified. If you’ve been trying to eliminate more chemicals from your skincare regimen, you know how important that is! They don’t contain any of the Environmental Working Group’s chemicals of concern, meaning they meet Knours’ strictest standards for your health. Their oil to foam cleanser feels simply divine. It starts as oil to help take care of all traces of makeup and it finishes as a foam, non-stripping cleanser that makes you feel doubly clean! And, also noteworthy, is that Knours specifically selects ingredients that will work with your hormones. So, even your monthly visitor can’t wreck your pampering!
Now that you’ve heard about all these wonderful ways to pamper yourself this spring, are you ready to get in on the action? Remember, it doesn’t have to be anything major. Treat yourself once or twice to something small and you’ll feel rejuvenated in no time. Even if you just slip on a new fashion forward accessory, you’ll feel the difference. Trust me!
This is post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com.