My mom is an amazing cook. She can literally through together anything off the top of her head and it turns out incredible. I would say she creates from instinct more than recipes, but even she knows that when you find a good recipe, you don’t mess with. That’s what this banana bread cake recipe is…GOOD! If you like banana bread as much as I do, you’re going to need to try this cake! It would be perfect to serve your favorite ladies at brunch. Just sayin’…
2 1/5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
1. Grease 2 loaf pans using cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In a separate, large bowl, beat oil and sugar together.
5. Add eggs into bowl, one at a time. Beat well between eggs.
6. Add in the bananas and vanilla, beating well.
7. Add in the flour mixture, slowly. Beat until smooth but do not over beat.
8. Fold in the chocolate chips.
9. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
10. Bake for 60 minutes or until the done.
11. Let pans cool for 15 minutes.
12. Remove from pans and cool completely.
And for more sweets inspiration, check out our strawberry vanilla cream cookies!