This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Smithfield Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
Once spring arrives and brings along its beautiful weather, my family loves to dine al fresco. There is nothing like eating outside on our porch for a balmy Florida evening! We do it several times a week this time of year. And, more often than not, I make a nice appetizer spread. A few hearty appetizers make a fabulous dinner!
On that note, I thought I would share a couple new spring dinner-ready appetizers that I recently cooked up featuring a few things that you’ll probably always find in our fridge: Smithfield Bacon, Eckrich Smoked Sausage and Nathan’s Beef Franks.
Smithfield Foods has a slew of brands with super tasty products ready to help you with your spring get-togethers, as well as everyday needs like breakfast and dinner! Look to your local Giant, Martin’s or Stop & Shop stores and you’re sure to find something your family will love, plus you’ll probably save a little too!
As far as my family goes, my kids seem to be forever in the picky eating phase, but I can usually always get them to eat one of these meats! It’s a good thing they are so versatile because nobody wants to eat the same thing all the time. Us parents don’t anyway. Haha! And Smithfield Foods products can be used in SO many quick easy dishes which is music to any busy mom’s ears! Fast and easy are two of my favorite words.
So, are you ready to hear how you can make the two easy appetizers that are making my family smile right now?!
Spicy Sweet Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog Bites
7 pieces of Smithfield Bacon
3 hot dogs
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Cut hot dogs in one inch chunks.
3. Wrap a slice of bacon around a hot dog chunk and cut it when it’s fully covered the hot dog. 4. Repeat with all remaining bacon slices and hot dog chunks.
5. Place the bacon wrapped hot dogs on a baking sheet covered with foil.
6. Sprinkle a bit of brown sugar and Sriracha sauce on each bacon wrapped hot dog chunk.
7. Bake at 400 degrees at 25 minutes or so, until bacon is crispy.
Sweet & Spicy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
2 tablespoons mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
Whisk together all the ingredients with a fork.
Apple, Cheddar and Smoked Sausage Bites
1/2 package of Eckrich Smoked Sausage
1/2 package of cheddar cheese 8 (8 oz.)
1 green apple
1 teaspoon olive oil
skewers or toothpicks
1.Cut in smoked sausage into 1 inch slices and pan fry in a drizzle of olive oil.
2. Once done cooking, set the sausage pieces on a paper towel.
3. Cube the cheese.
4. Cut the apple into small chunks.
5. Assemble bites by stacking the sausage apple and cheese and skewer with a toothpick.
More Easy Appetizer Ideas
So, are you ready to run out and pick up some Smithfield Foods products to help you whip up some tasty appetizers, like our hot dog bites and sausage bites, this season or what?! All I can say is I served these up last night and we couldn’t get enough. Haha! These easy appetizer recipes will definitely continue to be in our rotation! Happy noshing my friends!
You may also like: