Is there one flavor combo that you just can’t get enough of? For me it’s chocolate and peanut butter. Whether we’re talking about chocolate and peanut butter ice cream, Reese’s peanut butter cups (or eggs as is the case right now) or even just a scoop of peanut butter sprinkled with chocolate chips…I love it all! So, obviously muffins that combine my favorite flavors is right up my alley too. I bet I’m not alone! Wouldn’t you love to see these double chocolate and peanut butter muffins land on your breakfast table? Mmmmm!
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 ¼ cup sugar
¾ cup milk
½ cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cup of chips (combination of peanut butter and chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins by either greasing them or using muffin liners.
2. 1 cup chocolate and peanut butter chips
3. In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
5. Add in the flour mixture. Mix together until combined. Mixture will be lumpy.
6. Fold in the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins evenly.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins have puffed up and a tester comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool completely.