Raise your hand if you want some super secret Epcot tips from a Disney passholder? I knew you would! Yep, that’s right. This girl is a Walt Disney World annual passholder. It was one of the best investments I’ve ever made. My family has made countless memories at the Disney parks and my kids have grown up loving Disney as much as I do! And that’s why we’re typically at Epcot at least twice a month. It really has a little something for everyone.
You’ll find rides for the kids, learning opportunities for science buffs, special treats for all (ahem, adult bevs and sweets in every country). Yeah, Epcot is kinda our jam. In fact, we have our Epcot visits down to a science at this point, we’ve been so many times. We tend to go for 6 hours or so, but I know those of you who don’t live in here in the sunshine state will want to make an entire day of it. So, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite secret Epcot tips from a Disney passholder just for you!
Super Secret Epcot Tips
1. Get your fast passes EARLY. They fill up FAST these days. So, as soon as you have your Epcot visit date nailed down, start looking for those fast passes. And if you don’t find what you want, stalk. Seriously, check back in daily. My brother in law is a pro fast pass stalker and has scored last minute fast passes for the hottest rides. Things open up out of nowhere sometimes, so don’t give up!
2. Show up early. You’ll find little to no lines for the most popular rides. My friend Jessica actually just shared this gem with me after I lamented about how long it took me to get Frozen fast passes. Haha! We typically start in the afternoon, but we’ll be getting there bright and early next time. So, get there when it opens and head right to your ride of choice.
3. On the flip side, stay late. Things really slow down near closing time and you’ll be able to hop on those coveted rides while everyone else is heading to their car. This is true for all of the parks, but I find it to be especially true for Epcot.
4. If you’re able, walk, don’t take the tram. You’ll save yourself some time. The Epcot parking lot is pretty close to the entrance of the park and unless you’re physically unable, I always recommend walking in from the parking lot. You may get some whining from the kids, but they’ll survive. Bwah!
5. Stop in Germany for the piping hot caramel corn. Seriously, you don’t want to miss it. They used to sell it by the castle at the Magic Kingdom, but they closed that sweet little stand and I still miss it. Thank goodness I can get my fresh caramel corn fix at Epcot! It’s hands down my favorite Epcot treat.
Even More Secret Epcot Tips
6. Embrace the crowds during festival time. If you go during the Flower & Garden or Food & Wine festivals, for instance, it’s going to be busy. Plain and simple. Go in there knowing that and you won’t be stressed out by the crowds. Just make like they do in Europe, get a spot on the street, grab a drink, take a break and people watch!
7. Avoid the champagne in France and get the Prosecco in Italy instead. This sparkling wine is quite a bit less expensive than the traditional champagne and you still get your bubbles fix. I mean, why pay like $14, when you can pay like $9 right? Plus, the line is usually way shorter over there!
8. Look for the pop up food stands. If you don’t want to take the time that reservations require at one of the restaurants, you’ll often find delicious little food stands that you can grab a quick bite from. They change seasonally. At the America area in the World Showcase, for instance, they serve a tasty little turkey dinner around Thanksgiving.
9. Park hop. If you have a park hopper pass, take advantage of it, but start your day at Epcot. You won’t have to worry about having to take the ferry or monorail to get to the park from the parking lot and if you end your time at the Magic Kingdom and head back to Epcot at night to grab your car, you’ll find that the crowds are way lighter than those going to the Magic Kingdom parking lot!
10. Meet the characters. We’ve had way better luck, meaning it took less time, meeting the characters at Epcot versus Magic Kindgom. If your kiddo does have a special character that she or he just has to meet at the Magic Kingdom, I suggest making that one of your fast passes. That being said, you usually won’t find super long character lines at Epcot. We just walked right up and met Daisy not too long ago. She made my little lady’s day, but I digress…
Travel Inspiration Continued
So, who’s ready to plan their next Epcot trip?! YOU are right? You’ll be an Epcot pro in no time if you take advantage of these secret Epcot tips from a Disney passholder! Take advantage of my lifetime of Walt Disney World goin’ experience. Haha! And for more travel inspo, check out our perfect itinerary for 4 days in Paris! Even if Paris, France isn’t on your radar right now, there’s alway Paris at Epcot! AND, my friend Sara has the skinny on upcoming Disney Parks attractions here. We’re all about the sharing the Disney love, especially when it can help you with your Disney travel plans!
* This comes from my sister who sells Disney cruises and just may be a bigger Disney fanatic then me…She recommends taking a break from the heat and cooling off in the Coca-Cola Test Lab to sample Coca-Cola products from around the world!
This is not a sponsored post.