Bedtime…It’s no picnic for us parents. Am I right? That goes double when we’re talking about toddlers. I’ve yet to meet a toddler who loves to shut down at the end of the night. My son certainly doesn’t relish the thought. Haha! So, like most moms, I’ve had to get creative and piece together some bedtime routine tips for toddlers that make the process less stressful for the whole family. Because lack of sleep affects EVERYONE. I know how it feels to be in the thick of this jungle we call parenthood I really do. Our wild little animals can be so much fun AND so challenging at the same time. Parenting can be, in a word, overwhelming.
And since I know many of you fellow toddler ‘rents are feeling like your bedtime routine could use a revamp just like mine needed not so long ago, I thought I would share some of the best bedtime routine tips for toddlers that have worked for us. Every kiddo is different. Sometimes it takes collecting tips from all over to hone your perfect bedtime routine! That’s what I did anyway. You’ll find bedtime routine tips from my mom, my sister, my friends, and the like, all in my family’s bedtime routine…
Bedtime Routine Tips for Toddlers
1. Baby massage…Ok, well, it’s a toddler massage now. Haha! We started giving my kiddo a massage with lotion that was good for his eczema after his bath when he was a baby and it still almost instantly starts to chill him out. It’s the first step to a sleepy toddler!
2. Rock and read…He still likes to be rocked in our glider. It’s where we read his bedtime stories. Even if your glider has long since left the nursery, curling up on a comfy chair to read with nice, mellow light is a game changer. Not only is it good for their little brains, but it makes for excellent bonding time too.
3. Sing a special song…Is there a song that makes your toddler smile every time she or he hears it? Make that part of your bedtime routine too! My sister started that with her kids and I’ve adopted the tradition for my own little family. It works like a charm and I know I’ll look back fondly on these times when I hear our special song in the future!
4. White noise…It might not be for everyone, but white noise has always worked for me and the same goes for my kiddo. A softly whirring fan is very soothing. There is some back and forth on whether using a sound machine is a good idea, but I’ve always been of the mindset that you know your kid and what works for them…The fan works for us!
5. Stop middle of the night wakeups… Nothing is worse than making it through those sleepless baby nights than having a toddler who gets up multiple times in the night too. We’re hoping to be potty training soon, but I’m a big believer in waiting until the child is ready. Thank goodness for Sposie Diaper Booster Pads! Anyone who’s dealt with a toddler waking up thanks to a leaky diaper needs these!
Why Diaper Booster Pads are Game Changers
I mean no parent wants to wake up to a distraught, wet toddler. And let’s not even get started on the middle of the night bedding changes. When their sleep is disrupted, so is yours. Wouldn’t you love uninterrupted sleep for everyone in your family? Well, Sposie Diaper Booster Pads are super absorbent inserts that can completely eradicate leaking. You heard that right! They wick away that uncomfortable moisture and thanks to the stay dry barrier you can expect reduced diaper rash and irritation. A happy toddler equals a happy mama after all! And they couldn’t be any easier to use. All you have to do is insert the diaper booster pad flat into your diaper…any diaper! So, basically any diapers you have an hand can become overnight diapers! Seriously, they were made to work with brands like Huggies Overnites, Pampers, Luvs, Honest Company, pull-ups and cloth diapers too. And they’re free from fragrance, latex and chlorine. That certainly makes this mama feel better!
To sum up…The key to any good bedtime routine is consistency and the must-have Sposie Diaper Booster Pads. Bwah! Once these bedtime routine tips for toddlers become habits your toddler’s little mind and body will almost go into auto-pilot. Well, I hope it will anyway. My little guy’s sure did! I get to see his smiling face way more than a grouchy one. So, get ready for stress free bedtimes ahead mamas! You earned them! Actually, get ready for more stress free naps and road trips too. How’s that for a multi-purpose product? I’m sure you’re ready to score your own diaper booster pads so here’s the store locator! You can find them at Target, Amazon and Walmart. Happy shopping!
And for more toddler tips, check out our toddler sensory bucket ideas!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sposie Booster Pads, the number one brand in diaper doublers. All opinions are entirely my own.