Happy 2018! I don’t know about you lovelies, but I, for one, am thrilled to say hello to a brand new year! 2017 definitely had its highs, but it also had its fair share of lows and I’m ready to take on a new year and embrace the fresh start it gives us. On the subject of lows, one of the hardest things for me last year was finding that elusive balance between family and work. I love what I do and I live for my family, so finding a healthy way for the two to co-exist has been no easy feat. And I know I’m not the only mama to struggle with this…Am I right? Moms whose work is their family can find it hard to find balance too. Raise your hand if you too could benefit from some time management tips for moms! Time management can be such a crux for so many of us and I’ve decided that 2018 is there year I’m going to do better with that…And that’s why I’m here to share some little actions that could help us all yield big results!
Easy to Implement Time Management Tips for Moms
So, do you want the skinny on our best time management tips for moms? I think we can all agree that time management is one our biggest challenges! Here’s the deal…
1. Get active first thing: That doesn’t mean you have to go on a five mile run. I’m more of an evening runner myself and that’s ok. But I do find that by doing something that has my body moving, even if it’s just unloading the dishwasher, before I have to sit down at my desk I have a clearer head and am more productive from the jump.
2. Lists are king: Sure, we live in a digital world now, but don’t discount old school list making. The more you break things down (think micro lists), the more achievable and less overwhelming your list looks. Being able to check things off immediately puts you in a positive place. I definitely find apps like Evernote to be helpful, but I also still appreciate an old school planner . Call it a back up system!
3. Delegate: Do what you can to enlist helpers. Focus on whatever aspect of your life will make the biggest impact. That could mean hiring a cleaning lady, giving your babysitter more hours or signing on a virtual assistant. By delegating what you can to others, you have more time in your day to work on what is most important to you.
4. Be organized: This does not come to be naturally to me. Trust me. Thankfully, moving from our old home to our new one forced me to purge and gave me the opportunity to set my house up in a more user friendly manner. Searching for things takes up way too much valuable time. It only took me thirty something years to accept that. Bwah!
5. Take a break: It’s impossible to conquer time management if you burn out. I learned that the hard way. Give yourself a chunk of time each day to meditate, read a glossy, sit on your porch. Basically, I want you to do anything that will help you relax and recharge. As little as ten minutes can make all the difference!
I promise if you implement even just a couple of our time management tips for moms, you’ll be ready to slay this year in no time!
And just in case you absorb things better when you watch them, we have a video that details our best productivity tips…
We POLLED WORK FROM HOME MOMS and compiled some of their best tips in this video!
This is not a sponsored post. It does contain an affiliate link.