How do cherry chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies sound to you? There are some flavor combinations that are just matches made in heaven. Am I right? Take chocolate and peanut butter for instance. I’ll eat that combo in any form. Bwah! The same goes for cherry and chocolate, namely dark chocolate. I just love how those flavors play off of each other. They’re perfect partners for any dessert and these cherry chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies are no different! Not only are they decadently delicious, but they’re awfully pretty too look at too! Now this particular recipe calls for equal parts dried cherries and cranberries, but you could easily just use cherries if cranberries aren’t your jam. Just sayin’.
Ok, so let’s get down to brass tacks and talk about this cherry chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies recipe shall we?!
Cherry Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup dried cranberries
4 ounces of good dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine granulated sugar, light brown sugar and softened butter and whip until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla to butter and sugar mixture and mix until smooth
4. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix until well incorporated.
5. With my stand mixer on low slowly add the flour mixture. Add the oats, cranberries and chocolate as well.
6. Mix until just incorporated.
7. Using the ice cream scoop place even dollops of cookie dough on a cookie sheet or pizza stone. Leave at least 2 inches between cookies
8. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and cool until safe enough to handle.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Who’s ready to make their own batch of cherry chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies? I can’t wait to hear how they turn out! And doon’t forget to PIN IT, so you remember to put this must make recipe on your baking list!
This is not a sponsored post.