Why wait until the holidays to start the cookie baking? This cranberry cherry chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies recipe is begging to be served at your fall dinner parties or even as a Thanksgiving dessert!
Let me ask you a question. How do cherry cranberry chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies sound to you? They sound perfect for fall right?! There are some flavor combinations that are just matches made in heaven in my book. Take chocolate and peanut butter for instance. I’ll eat that combo in any form. Bwah! The same goes for cherry and chocolate, namely dark chocolate. And adding cranberry to the mix just adds a whole other delicious flavor layer!
Seriously, I can’t get enough of this chocolate oatmeal cookies recipe! I just love how those flavors play off of each other. They’re perfect partners for any dessert and these cranberry cherry chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies are no different! Not only are they decadently delicious, but they’re awfully pretty to look at as well! What can I say? I’m a sucker for any pretty dessert, including cookies!
Now this particular fall cookie recipe calls for equal parts dried cherries and cranberries, but you could easily just use cherries if cranberries aren’t your jam. Just sayin’. Ok, now that we’ve delved into what makes these cookies special, let’s get down to brass tacks and talk about this cherry chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies recipe shall we?! How exactly do you make chocolate oatmeal cookies? Well, I’m going to tell you of course!
Cranberry Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup dried cranberries
4 ounces of good dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine granulated sugar, light brown sugar and softened butter and whip until light and fluffy with a stand mixer.
3. Add eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture and mix it until smooth.
4. In a medium bowl combine baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flour. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Set your mixer on low and slowly add the flour mixture. A
6. Then add the oats, cranberries and chocolate and mix until just incorporated.
7. Use the cream scoop to place even scoops of cookie dough on a cookie sheet. Leave at least 2 inches between them.
8. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and cool.
So, who is ready to make their own batch of cranberry cherry chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies? I can’t wait to hear how they turn out! And don’t forget to PIN this recipe, so you remember to put these chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies on your must make baking list!
You may also like:
This is not a sponsored post.