If you’ve been on the lookout for easy healthy snack recipes, look no further than our baked apple chips!
I love making myself, and my family, easy healthy snacks. Sure, I’m not above those oh so convenient bars and package of trail mix, but when I have the time, I like to whip up some homemade goodies that we can enjoy on the go like these baked apple chips. Baked apple chips are sweet, a little chewy and can be eaten, like I mentioned, on the go. They are truly easy to make and what’s better than only having to use ingredients that I typically always have on hand. I know we’re not the only household who always have apples at the ready right?!
And the best part is, it doesn’t matter what your apple preference. Whether you’re gaga for Galas or Golden Delicious varieties, this recipe works for every kind of apple. I literally use whatever kind of apple I happen to have in the fridge and turn them into delicious baked apple chips whenever the whip strikes! And the whim strikes often my friends! Luckily, my kiddos love this healthy treat as much as I do, so you’ll never find leftovers. It’s a get ’em QUICK before they’re gone scenario!
Read more below on how to make this tasty baked apple chips recipe!
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Slice apples as thinly as possible and place the apple slices in single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle the apples generously with powdered sugar (you can also use sugar and cinnamon if you prefer).
3. Bake for 45 minutes and then flip and book for another 45 minutes. You want the edges to brown and curl up a bit. This sometimes can take up to two hours so just check on them every so often.
- 2 apples
- 1 tbsp. of powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice apples as thinly as possible and place the apple slices in single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle the apples generously with powdered sugar (you can also use sugar and cinnamon if you prefer).
- Bake for 45 minutes and then flip and book for another 45 minutes. You want the edges to brown and curl up a bit. This sometimes can take up to two hours so just check on them every so often.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g Protein: 0g
More Ways to Use Apples
That’s it! I told you they were easy! The hardest part is just having the patience to let them bake and not start eating them right off the tray. Although, I may have done that a time or two. Haha! And this recipe makes a great side project. These tasty baked apple chips are a great thing to cook up when you have another project going on and are going to be hanging around the kitchen anyway.
I also like to pack them in little snack bags to take to the park or while we’re traveling. It’s so nice to have something on hand that everyone loves and is healthy to boot! Vacays are mostly about treating ourselves, so any time I can sneak in something healthy, this mama is going to do it.
And, while we’re on the subject of apples, if you are crazy for them as much as everyone in my house is, try out this easy apple tart recipe. It’s beyond delicious and will have all your friends thinking you made something really fancy when its actually quite easy. Are you noticing a theme here? Easy is one of my very favorite words! Speaking of easy, our friend Krystal has some super easy energy balls for you too! I’m assuming you’re now going to start making all your family’s snacks? No? Well, at least some of them. Haha!
You may also like:
This is not a sponsored post.